“Delicious food great service friendly atomosphere”
Review of McCloud River Lodge - CLOSED

McCloud River Lodge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Baytown, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food great service friendly atomosphere”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Myself along with my husband, son,and daughter in law visited Aaron's this past May. We were so impressed with the service and friendly atomosphere after the first night we were there we went back two more times during our weeks stay in McCloud.
They have a live band that plays in the bar, the two we heard was very good,
The food was awesome great flavor. We will go back again and reccommend it.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank curlysue57

Bishop CA
“Stop here and eat dinner. Fantastic! Only 8 minutes off I5, worth the time!”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We read the reviews on TA and followed the map to this fantastic restaurant!!
We sat outside at a cute glass table with fresh flowers and watched the sunset on Mt Shasta.
They were offering 3 fab specials tonight and we sampled 2 of them. I started with the carrot soup which was nice, served nice and hot! I then had snapper Picatta. Perfect! Lots of lemon taste, capers, everything was great! Serving. size large, I only ate 1/2 because I saved room
For the most interesting desert (more about that later).
My husband choose the wild salmon with a blueberry lime butter that he couldn't stop talking about! Delicious!
There was a musician playing from 7 to 10 that was so fun! The atmosphere outside was fantastic a d inside. Country lodge.
For desert their specialty is creme brûlée and they were offering 3: kinds we choose a wild candy top mushroom creme brûlée and we loved it, very interesting.
We had a great evening.
did not see the guest rooms or stay the night!
Definately eat here!

mv
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must Do”
Reviewed May 26, 2011

The Mc Cloud River Lodge has new owners, and I came across this gem while traveling to Truckee, CA. I needed a cheap room and a meal. The owners were warm and receptive. The cost was under one hundred dollars for a room, and the steak sandwich and conversation was outstanding. On the trip home the girlfriend and I stopped in again, but the restaurant was closed, :( The rooms were open. Apparently in McCloud everything shuts down by seven, but the owners invited us into their home for a taste test of the up coming mushroom festival bbq, which ended up being an impressively huge meal. I highly recommend the ribs. We had a wonderful time. We were looking forward to seeing the McCloud falls, but the beds were so comfortable that we sleep in and didn't have time for the attraction. We recommend and can't wait to stay there again. If you are looking for a warm, rustic, clean, and comfortable place to stay you should definitely chose the McCloud River Lodge.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank stacyo075
Tucson, Arizona
“Good food for small town”
Reviewed July 3, 2010

This restaurant was the only local restaurant open at night besides a burger place. It was crowded but the service was not slow. The portions are large; we were able to split a meal without any hassle. Very good food, definitely worth going back.

anderson ca.
“Best food in town”
Reviewed May 30, 2008

I travel 70 miles each way from Redding to enjoy the fabulous food and ambiance of this restaurant. The steaks are to die for. Best I've ever eaten! The menu selection is anywhere from appetizers, salads, home made soups, burgers, pasta, seafood and did I mention the best steaks ever?