“Anniversary Adventure”

West Coast Falconry
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Marysville
More attraction details
Owner description: West Coast Falconry is your premier resource for a full range of Falconry classes and services. Owner and Master Falconer, Kate Marden, invites you to join her and the staff at the West Coast Falconry Center to get a glimpse inside this incredible ancient hunting tradition. Our classes and experiences are for falconers and non-falconers alike. We offer an apprentice course that can help prepare you to become a licensed falconer.
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My husband purchased a Groupon coupon for my (Dec) birthday to something he thought "She'd never think to buy that for herself" - a Falconry lesson at West Coast Falconry in Marysville, CA. When he gave it to me I thought 'Huh?", and kind of 'shelved' it. But I must admit, I was a little intrigued. So I set it up for our Anniversary and we went yesterday and had great time! If you've never thought of it for yourself before, start thinking about it. Kate and staff at WCF were warm, welcoming, informative and shared their passion for the birds they care for and train. It was a great adventure. We really enjoyed ourselves and are looking forward to going back again in the near future for one of their other classes - The Hawk Walk. So much fun and such interesting birds. We played with a Harris Hawk, Shebak, and she was great. They also have a large owl, several other hawks and various kinds of falcons. It's not frightening or intimidating and is a great way to spend time getting to know these amazing birds of prey.
We even got to bring a friend along to act as our photographer. Fun! Fun! Fun!!!!!

1  Thank DaisyS01

Reviewed February 11, 2012

This was just the introductory course of one hour. But we (a group of about 10 participants) were taught how to and allowed to fly the Harris's Hawk back and forth between each other. The staff is great and accommodating. They even came around to each participant a placed a small piece of game meat on our gloves. When the hawk comes to you, it expects a treat. These birds are hunters, not pets. You won't find their food at the local grocery store. West Coast Falconry is about 14 miles NE of Marysville on a country road, the last half mile or so is gravel.

1  Thank snake_driver_27