“Insanely Delicious Oyster BBQ - if only I lived nearby”
Review of The Marshall Store

The Marshall Store
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed January 17, 2013

If only I lived nearby, I would go daily. One of my favorite food stops in the world. I never go near Tomales Bay without stopping here. It is an important ritual and it should be yours too. The BBQ oysters are simply divine. Tried the Fish Stew this past time and it was equally well prepared. The are juicy, perfectly prepared and the flavors of their sauces are downright delicious. Served with tangy hot fresh Sourdough bread. We tried the raw Kumamoto as well and they were super fresh and as good as they usual. I do think the Preston Point are best BBQ'd than raw. But, I will not tarnish this review with anything but glowing opinion of their food. Also the atmosphere is great - casual and right on the bay so killer views. Patrons from all around the world, some friendly. Can't recommend it more. Never tried the other places so I can't compare. I just know Marshall Store is so reliable why tempt disappointment with another.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I visited the Marshall Store a few days ago and had a very pleasant dining experience. The Marshall Store is a quiet, wind-swept seafood shack on the sun-kissed Tomales Bay. I tried their local Preston Point (Pacific) oysters along with their local Kumamoto oysters - both oysters came from the nearby Tomales Bay Oyster Company (just a few minutes down the road). While not as briny as my favorite Massachusetts Eastern oysters or Maine flat (Belon) oysters, these oysters were super, super fresh and were more complex than I had expected. California oysters have some depth and complexity but lack the brine and the punch. I also tried their outstanding crab meat cocktail...truly a treat! They accept cash only and they have plenty of outdoor (and indoor) dining. The Marshall Store is a classic seafood shack but with a distinctly California twist - it feels like New England meets California Pacific Coast.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

This is one my favorite places in the world. It's a lovely little store that serves fresh oysters. We always stop here on the way by for a dozen. They serve wine and beer too, but they have to be consumed outside. This a fun little place.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Although there are plenty of places to eat in Point Reyes Station, we prefer to head a little further out of town and guzzle oysters at the The Marshall Store . This is a roadside spot serving fantastic oysters, crab, mussels and loads of other delicious things like their fabulous clam chowder. This is not a fancy restaurant so if you’re looking for that experience, this isn’t the place for you. If you want to eat amazingly fresh, magnificent oysters and seafood this is the place. You can buy a bottle of wine to enjoy with your oysters, then sit out on the roadside benches with other seafood lovers, taking in the tranquility of the bay and feeling extremely grateful for the life you are living. We love this place.

1  Thank Oceania_Havachat
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Loved the laid back relaxed vibe and the top quality of the food. The seafood chowder was out of this world and we loved sitting sipping our drinks on the back deck and watching the sea otters playing on the rocks below