“Very functional for our Yosemite visit”
Review of Miners Inn Motel

Miners Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mariposa
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This motel was definitely not fancy, but the room was clean and spacious and the location in Mariposa was great for visiting Yosemite. Beds were ok, not great, and the WiFi was problematic in the room..could walk down to the motel lobby and get clear reception. Resolving the WiFi issue in the rooms would help....seems like it's been an issue for a while. Overall value was good for our purposes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Miners Inn Motel

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Rooms are huge, ice vending machine available, clean swimming pool & jacuzzi! Breakfast facilities are excellent & lots of variation to suit anybody's taste buds. We really liked this village on the outskirts of Yosemite. Our only regret is that we didn't stay longer!! Top tip - check out The Hideout Saloon, fantastic bar where all the locals go for cheap drinks & live music. I hope I get the chance to come back here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jables89
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Large room with flat screen TV but the Fridge didn't work the AC was either to hot or to cold and the Wi-Fi wasn't working which is totally unacceptable. I am on a long road trip and I rely on the internet for all my information, I wouldn't have booked this motel if they didn't have Wi-Fi. I found the motel very overpriced for what they offered.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank carjastsa
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed in the honeymoon suite. The hot tub/ spa was nice but the jets were placed very low in the tub. The fire place above the tub was nice. Also the tub was in the main bedroom , something I liked. The room was large and had a full set up kitchenette. I do not remember if if had a full-sized oven ,sorry. We did not use it, but I believe it did. I know it has a sink, fridge, and coffee maker.
It had a nice wrap around patio. It would have been nice had it been swept already, we had to ask for a broom and do it ourselves.

The room was quiet and we really enjoyed our time there. We were definitely looking to return.

Sidenote: if you leave anything in the room and need it mailed back, they use a service that charges a arm and leg. Please check with them and ask they send it regular parcel mail. I think we were charged 20.00 or more dollars for a small DVD remote we left. No they do not have DVDs there, so be prepared to bring your own. They do have TV service, local and I believe HBO.

They also have a restaurant close by but they do not have delivery set up with them. I found that odd as the food establishment carries the same name. Go figure. At any rate, nice place, clean and friendly staff. Would recommend.

Room Tip: I would ask to see the room or ask about amenities iif you are picky.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Connie R
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Miners inn in October 2012. The motel room was a real nice size and was super clean and even had a nice balcony. The hot tub was so nice and relaxing after a long day of hiking in Yosemite. It's a beautiful ride from Mariposa to Yosemite. The restaurant on premises had a delicious breakfast! Will def. return to the miners inn when I make another trip to Yosemite!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

It is worth the money being so close to Yosemite. WLAN on the room. still not ok though many complained about it. Breakfast huge. Incl. Waffle machine :-) Has a pool and a Hot tub. Helpful receptionist.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank deimo_kessi
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just wanted to write a note for this great place. Room was perfectly clean, staff helpful and cheerful. We had a variety of questions and additional needs - all were meant with courteous quick responses.

Room Tip: Rooms near the lobby are very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
Yosemite Cedar Lodge
#3 of 6 in Mariposa
Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn
Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn Yosemite Area

Been to Miners Inn Motel? Share your experiences!