My family & I recently made this hotel our base camp as we toured Yosemite & surrounding areas. Upon our arrival we encountered a guest that was raising heck over bed sheets, in my opinion nothing could be done to please her, but my Dad was apprehensive about our check-in. The manager finally calmed her down, he certainly treated her with more patience & respect than I would have. I have no patience when it comes to liars, stupidity, or someone trying to pull a scam which in my opinion she was doing all of the above.
Once we were checked-in & opened the door to our room we were completely amazed. The decor was as if you had stepped into a 5 star hotel which I have been to throughout my travels. It was simply elegant. It was extremely clean & what impressed me was even the TV remote control had been cleaned & put in a sterile bag! The beds were thoroughly comfy & plenty of space in the room. My son went swimming at the pool which was built on a high deck that overlooked a walking path that led into a small park. I was simply impressed with such a hotel & friendly staff in such a small yet welcoming town.
On our 2nd night I spoke to the manager & told him how impressed I was of his hotel, the staff, & his handling of the misbehaved woman the day before. Although I had already decided she was scamming, he wanted to impress on me that all of his rooms are thoroughly cleaned when every guest checks in. His staff uses black lights to check if they've missed a speck of biological materials. Yes, I saw this for myself. Now some of you might think, oh my, they knew I had sex on the sheets...but my first thought was thank God because I don't want to sleep in someone's fluids that might be on the bed spread or urine on a mattress pad. It gave me a sense of security & I hope all Best Westerns are doing this because they'll be my number one pick when staying elsewhere. Kudos to them & kudos to this hotel & staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on "All weather" Hwy 140 in Mariposa, CA., The Best Western - Yosemite Way Station is about 40 miles outside of the west entrance to Yosemite National Park and the valley floor. All of Yosemite is easily accessible from this location. Mariposa is a quaint "1850's gold rush" town that offers excellent dining, shopping and a historical view into the past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Best Western, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Yosemite Way Station Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Yosemite Way Station Hotel Mariposa
- Best Western Hotel Mariposa
- Best Western Mariposa
- Mariposa Best Western