“High Tech Cleaning”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Yosemite Way Station Motel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mariposa
“High Tech Cleaning”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My family & I recently made this hotel our base camp as we toured Yosemite & surrounding areas. Upon our arrival we encountered a guest that was raising heck over bed sheets, in my opinion nothing could be done to please her, but my Dad was apprehensive about our check-in. The manager finally calmed her down, he certainly treated her with more patience & respect than I would have. I have no patience when it comes to liars, stupidity, or someone trying to pull a scam which in my opinion she was doing all of the above.
Once we were checked-in & opened the door to our room we were completely amazed. The decor was as if you had stepped into a 5 star hotel which I have been to throughout my travels. It was simply elegant. It was extremely clean & what impressed me was even the TV remote control had been cleaned & put in a sterile bag! The beds were thoroughly comfy & plenty of space in the room. My son went swimming at the pool which was built on a high deck that overlooked a walking path that led into a small park. I was simply impressed with such a hotel & friendly staff in such a small yet welcoming town.
On our 2nd night I spoke to the manager & told him how impressed I was of his hotel, the staff, & his handling of the misbehaved woman the day before. Although I had already decided she was scamming, he wanted to impress on me that all of his rooms are thoroughly cleaned when every guest checks in. His staff uses black lights to check if they've missed a speck of biological materials. Yes, I saw this for myself. Now some of you might think, oh my, they knew I had sex on the sheets...but my first thought was thank God because I don't want to sleep in someone's fluids that might be on the bed spread or urine on a mattress pad. It gave me a sense of security & I hope all Best Westerns are doing this because they'll be my number one pick when staying elsewhere. Kudos to them & kudos to this hotel & staff.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Crazywhitewoman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Located within 60 minute drive of Yosimite National Park this clean and pretty hotel provided a wonderful complimentary breakfast and a room that appeared recently rennovated with the value of both a refridgerator and a microwave. Though you should expect the hotel to be booked solid almost every night, with the noise that accompanies such an issue, I would recommend staying here if you want bang for the buck, and a great location for the park.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for its proximity to Yosemite park. The check in was quick and the attention nice. The room
Decoration was outdated and seems like those weird rooms from movies!!! Free Internet was a PLUS!! Restaurants and groceries located walking distance. The carpet needs to be clean more frequently. Free breakfast was average; waffle was good but the eggs not that good!!

• Stayed July 2013
Sachse, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in June for two nights. The rooms were good and the breakfast was good. The Internet was good. The parking was adequate. The town was nice. We had Chinese foods at the hotel, which we ordered from a Chinese restaurant across the hotel. However, the location was far from Yosemite.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Long Island City, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Love this hotel because of it's location and cleanliness of the hotel. They are very nice and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are going to Yosemite and need a hotel to stay at this is such a great place that makes you feel like you are still in the Yosemite atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

New York, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We chose this hotel because we thought that it was about a half hour from the Yosemite entrance. It was actually an hour from the park entrance. The drive seemed long on the first day but got better. We only stayed 3 days. I would not want to make the drive for an entire week stay. There are other options closer to the park but they cost a bit more as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nothing fancy. Rooms are ok. The manager was rude. If you travel with a 12 year old CHILD, they will be considered an adult and you will be charged a $10 fee for each CHILD 12 and older. I gave a poor rating for the high cost to value of the average room. The hotel is over an hour drive to the national park.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Mariposa hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
BEST WESTERN PLUS Yosemite Gateway Inn
#3 of 6 in Mariposa
Yosemite View Lodge
Yosemite View Lodge
#1 of 2 in El Portal

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Yosemite Way Station Motel? Share your experiences!