“Avoid it if you can”

Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mariposa
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our room at Best Western Way Station was booked by my AAA travel agent. While on our trip i realized we could get there a day earlier and called the hotel. I was given a higher room rate than on my reservation for the same date. I could understand the higher room rate for the Sunday night, but why change what I already had. The manager insisted that my AAA rate was wrong, despite my having the print out. He suggested I call my travel agent and tell her. I could not reach her due to time difference and when I called back to the hotel I was given a different rate. The person did honor my AAA rate for one night ( not the night I had originally booked) and gave me the higher rate for 2nd night. At this point I took it. The hotel is located near Yosemite, about a 1 hour drive. However, there are other hotels closer which we saw on the way to the park. WiFi reception was okay, phone was roaming/extended service. Room had not been remodeled in ages. Air conditioner was very noisy, but did work. Some staff were helpful, others not so much. Breakfast was very poor. Sign said scrambled eggs, but they were yellow circles of something that tasted like eggs. Waffle machine had loose screws on one and broken timer on other. Very poor selection. On second morning my husband went to get orange juice and palely colored water came out. Restaurant is in a separate building, near pool. The restaurant staff were very nice and helpful. Our room was in the front and noise from road was not a problem.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed 5/21 for one night. Everything is your basic Best Western with a good breakfast. However, I mentioned to the manager the American flag looks like cheese cloth. Faded and shredded. As a Nam vet it is a disgrace and they should get new one or take it down! Now.

Room Tip: Top floor if you don't mind stairs for one flight. Rooms to the west.
4  Thank swimmerz
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Chose this Motel, because we were visiting Yosemite National Park for a few days. This was a good location for access to the park from the west entrance.
Our room was very clean, stocked well, the service was very good, I used the lobby computer to check FB. Had their complimentary breakfast, there were 2 hot dishes each morning, I only wish they would have a variety of hot dishes from day to day. Otherwise plenty of other breakfast choices, clean eating area, well maintained. Proffessional staff in lobby, very good service.

1  Thank Retiredpet
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We booked the motel in advance from visitor recommendations. If we hadn't then , with hindsight, we would have stayed elsewhere.
Ordinary motel with little character, even the US flag was tatty and in need of replacement.
Decent sized rooms which were clean. Modest bathroom with a small bath. Free wifi.
Plenty of free parking. Small pool.
The breakfast was a plus, good choices available.
The staff were also very friendly.
Mariposa has a few shops and a limited number of restaurants to choose from.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor around the back and had 2 decent nights sleep. Corner room spacious.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The breakfast's were very good and the staff kept the busy room clean. They still had time to check on us and offer us help if we needed it.
The facility was clean and the staff and owners were friendly and polite.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights here while visiting Yosemite. Our room located on the top floor was clean, quite and of reasonable size. The A/C unit was noisy and the shower put out only a small. The hotel is dated but acceptable. Breakfast was self serve and typical for Best-western.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Overall great hotel. We like to stay at Best Western Hotels when we travel because we know they will be clean and they always have competitive prices. We had a few issues with this visit. Front desk staff were pleasant. We checked in and we were given room 230. We went to room, started to unpack and we heard someone trying to enter our room using a key. I opened the door and the couple that was behind me in line at check in was standing there saying they were also given this room. We left to go to dinner and when we came back out key didn't work. We went to front desk and we were told that we were supposed to be in room 209. But our things were already unpacked in room 230!! Reset key and went back to room. Had a long day so we went to bed early in order to be up early the next morning. The phone in our room rings at 10pm (we are all asleep). Its someone asking for Mrs Wiseman. Not me. It's the front desk trying to figure out who is in what room. Other than the mix up with the room and the late phone call, the rest of our stay was great. Clean room, pleasant staff, great breakfast the next morning. We would stay here again hoping there isn't another mix up.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway
Rush Creek Lodge
Rush Creek Lodge
#3 of 7 in Groveland
Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel? Share your experiences!