All in all a good place to stay while visiting the area. The staff is nice and the rooms clean and modern. The breakfast is pretty good but the same every day, something you notice when staying multiple days. After listening to traffic noise on the front side I'd say try for a room on the backside in the 200s where there are no stairs to climb with luggage and quieter. For some odd reason our room didn't have a closet, just an ironing board leaning against the wall. A closet would have been very nice for that 5 day stay. They say everything is higher in the mountains and this place can be included in that saying with the room prices.
When there are milk crates in the back parking lot you can be sure a tour bus will be soon arriving sharing the hotel with you. Those folks are up early and in the breakfast room. It is large but can get crowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on "All weather" Hwy 140 in Mariposa, CA., The Best Western - Yosemite Way Station is about 40 miles outside of the west entrance to Yosemite National Park and the valley floor. All of Yosemite is easily accessible from this location. Mariposa is a quaint "1850's gold rush" town that offers excellent dining, shopping and a historical view into the past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Yosemite Way Station Hotel Mariposa
- Best Western Hotel Mariposa
- Best Western Mariposa
- Mariposa Best Western