“Quaint little town”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mariposa
Guilford, Indiana
“Quaint little town”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

This hotel is on the outskirts of town, was older but clean,nice size rooms and quite. The breakfast room is one of the largest I've seen in any hotel for a cont. style breakfast. Good variety of foods. i would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LindaLin63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Petersburg PA
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I had had a long day of travel and wasn't sure what I would find. I was happy to see a nice large room that was very welcoming. I drove past it first as the sign was not easy to find. Mariposa has regulations about signs so I drove thru town and saw the tourist info office where I found more information as I didn't have the address. As you are driving into town from Merced on 49, it is right on the intersection with 140. Turn left. Very friendly person checked me in. I drove back to the Happy Burger Diner where I had a huge milkshake as I had already had some dinner. Then ate breakfast there in the morning. Very friendly staff and free wifi! I would have gone back for lunch as the menu had some goodlooking burgers but I was heading to Yosemite.

Room Tip: I had a room up in the back and it was quiet. However, I think any location would have been good.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank EVGR
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here during August during our US trip, this hotel was a great find, great value. The town of Mariposa is quiet and lovely and it's about a 30 minute drive into Yosemite Park from the hotel or about an hour and quarter from the hotel to Glacier Point which is a must-see if you have the time. The hotel is located at the end of the restaurant strip of Mariposa and there's also a deli and thai takeaway over the road from the hotel too. The pizza place nearest the hotel is excellent we got beer, pizza and salad cheap and it was all made from scratch, great pizzas! I think we paid a little extra for a room with cable and a kettle and the rooms are like motel style. Simple, a little dated, but clean and comfortable. I wasn't keen on the paper/plastic throwaway cups but that seems to be a US thing as it was in other hotels we stayed at too. It was generally very quiet, I was annoyed that people getting up at 5am were noisy and inconsiderate and also smoking right near our door but that's not the hotels fault! The breakfast was quite good one of the best "continental" breakfasts we had on our trip that was included in the room price, there was a waffle maker, fresh fruit, cereals, toast, pastries and coffee, we had to keep asking for the tea to come out but I get the impression the US isn't big on tea! ;) The lady on reception was lovely, I think she was the manager she checked us in and we chatted to her one of the evenings for tips on our visit to Yosemite the following day, she was very helpful and informative, generally very friendly which goes a long way when you're travelling for a month! Great place to stay, excellent location and great value. :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crazy_rachie
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The hotel is close to local amenities in Mariposa, which is a nice little town. The room we had was clean, spacious but with a small bathroom, and we slept well. There is a 30-40 minute drive to the entrance of Yosemite but the hotel location is still good for the park. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011
Ohio
Reviewed September 23, 2011

It's about an hour on a scenic road from the park. Rooms are clean, but the only accessible electrical outlet not in use was at the sink. Breakfast was typical continental.

• Stayed September 2011
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western in Mariposa on a trip to Yosemite recently. I can't say enough nice things about Mariposa! It was a beautiful city. The Best Western isn't a new motel by any means but it fits in perfectly with the style of the city. The rooms were clean and large and served their purpose. It is by no means anything fancy. We used the pool and hot tub one evening and that was nice, the area was clean. The breakfast leaves a lot to be desired but there are some cute and delicious cafe's in the area so i didn't actually eat the Best Western provided breakfast. All in all, I would certainly stay here again. You can't beat it's convenience to Yosemite

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MrsMillerRepMO
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Yosemite National Park - everything within in the park was more expensive or not available.
The hotel is about an hour drive from Yosemite National Park, so it is a convenient place to stay if you are visiting Yosemite. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff is friendly. There is free parking, as with most Best Western hotels, and while there are no elevators, taking luggage to the room is not a problem. There is a swimming pool, but we did not use it.
Breakfast is complimentary and basic (toast, waffles, fruit, cereal), but the breakfast room is crowded and chaotic, especially the waffle station. We thought the price was a bit steep for the amenities (USD 180 a night), but we did not have too many other options.
Overall, just use this hotel as a pit stop while visiting Yosemite, that is what you came for not the hotel!

Tip about Mariposa: There are few eating options in Mariposa (it is a small place) - we tried a pizza place (Pizza Factory) and a Mexican restaurant - average at the best.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway
#3 of 7 in Groveland
Mariposa Lodge
Mariposa Lodge
#3 of 6 in Mariposa

Been to Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel? Share your experiences!