“Good diner food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Good diner food”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Had breakfast here with 6 friends. Good portions, good food, price is right. Place is a little quirky, but in a good way. Shows that the owner cares...maybe a little too much? Good stop!

Visited July 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
County Dublin, Ireland
“THE BURGERS”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a long day in Yosemite and were desperate for food. We are all SO GLAD we randomly chose Happy Burger. It is definitely a casual, family sort of place. You order at the front counter, then the food is prepared and brought to the table/picnic bench where you have settled. The menu is HUGE, but seeing some of the burgers being served helped us make up our minds. My family ended up ordering 2 different types of burgers, a chicken breast sandwich, some tacos, the side salad, fries, and oatmeal cake. Everything was excellent. The burgers were the best I've had in awhile. Even the salad bar was delicious. What I appreciated is that all these things, albeit basic, were done extremely well. Happy Burger gets extra points for serving beer and having a REMARKABLY friendly staff. I would definitely go back.

2 Thank Colleen C
Churchville, Maryland
“Very nice local restaurant.”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

After a 6 hour flight and a 3 hour drive, we just wanted something to eat that was quick, nutritional and value family friendly. After checking into the BW, the manager recommended the Happy Burger. What a great choice. Don't let the name fool you, there is a large varied menu. The service was quick and oustanding even though the place was packed. Everyone was very friendly and accomodating. The decor is from the 80's, but it made our visit very enjoyable. The food was great. It was all properly prepared and hot when served......did I say how fast it came. We liked it so much we came back the next night after hiking all day in Yosemite. Everyone in our party has very different taste and everyone was happy :). The only negative is that the bathroom is only accessable from outside like an old style gas station. Only other time I ever saw that in a restaurant was in Moab, UT. So if you are in Mariposa, eat at Happy Burger. You'll be HAPPY you did!

• Visited July 2014
“Yummy!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Visiting yosemite and I saw this on trip advisor so we made a stop! Keep in mind this place is called happy BURGER and not happy BURRITO! I had a patty melt, and another member of our party ordered a buffalo bison burger... Burgers were excellent! However, mexican food offerings were not the best. Stick to the burgers. PS. Some of the best milkshakes around! Amazing.

Duluth, Minnesota
“Good Food, Good Value”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I stopped in after a busy day in Yosemite. Other reviewers are right, the menu is huge! Our food came with not too much wait, even though it was busy, and it was delicious. There were a couple of tables of very loud guests, making it difficult to have a conversation, but other than that, the atmosphere was a cool, funky retro 50's diner feel. Good service. Recommended for all ages.

• Visited September 2013