“Country atmoshere”

Charles Street Dinner House
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Mariposa
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Waited for a table even though many were empty. It was after 7pm on a Monday. Once seated service was fine. Inside decor is rustic but cozy. The soup salad course is not included with a main entre making it a bit more expensive than the other good restaurants in town .I liked my Chicken cordon Blue and my husband enjoyed his steak.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Excellent burger, made of good beef, well prepared and with nicely and crisp french fries. A bit too big for my appetite. But if you are hungry, this might just be what you are looking for! Friendly service in a traditional decor.

2  Thank Malloten
Reviewed September 10, 2013

While the decor is a bit dated, we had a great experience here. The service was fantastic, the steaks were fantastic, the local merlot was fantastic. The live music was pleasant too. It ws just what we needed after a long day at Yosemite.

1  Thank Laura R
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went for a light dinner - soup and salad - and could not have been more pleased. I went back for lunch the next day and ended up with soup and salad again because I couldn't get enough of the fresh herb flavors in their homemade soups and salad full of veggies! If we had stayed in Mariposa longer, I would have returned for a more substantial meal, but unfortunately had to leave.

2  Thank jjcwas
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went with no expectation of the delicious food we were served. Really couldn't have been better. Salad served with their specially seasoned hot bread was a great start. We had their chicken parmesan special with two fillets, veggies and a delicious light tomato sauce over pasta made in house. We took home enough for lunch the next day. We topped off our meal with creme brûlée with strawberries and whipped cream. Wish this restaurant was located in my hometown where I could go again and again.

3  Thank GatorFanAl