“One of Our Faves”

Savoury's
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Mariposa
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Savoury's is located on the corner of 6th Street and Hwy 140 in the heart of historic downtown Mariposa.
Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is a local gem in the historic town of Mariposa, located right on the main street. We live about 25 miles away and always look forward to a great meal that's reasonably priced. Host and owner, Meriam, is on top of her restaurant and cares deeply about every customer who walks through the door, whether first time, just passing through, or repeat local customer such as ourselves. The menu is complete and varied with good nightly specials. We've never been disappointed with a meal. (The bread is wonderful!) The servers are well trained, friendly, and efficient, but a bit slow. That's probably due to the kitchen being backed up.(?) The only real complaint is the lack of good acoustics in the middle dining area. High ceiling and cement floors. Difficult to have a group conversation without having to talk loud. I love Savoury's, whether a special occasion or a casual dinner out.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We have started with salad & soup. The salad with a sweet sauce was surprisingly good. We had a New York steak and it was absolutely great; additionally, the mashed potatoes was better than what we use to have in most french restaurants.
As a dessert, the pana cotta was good.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

so number one restaurant in mariposa? according to the my lonely planet book(2009) I should have been transported to italy, sorry Savoury but I was just a bit disappointed! although the staff were great, they we're let down by the quality of the cooking, my swordfish wrapped in zucchini had one limp slice around very over cooked fish with a sauce tasting of burnt garlic, boiled rice and some undressed red cabbage was not good, my kids pasta was ok but nothing special at all. Shame , as the restaurant had a nice atmosphere and the serving staff were faultless.

2  Thank ladygaga55
Reviewed August 4, 2014

From start to finish this was a great spot. The cocktails and server are top notch. The table service and food quality was fantastic

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Recently moved to the area and explored several of the restaurants in town, some are not great and a few that are very delicious and not over priced for their meal and quality, This restaurant was so,so, not much flavor, very small portions, pretty much disappointed. Service was not real friendly and hard to even get a simple refill on water. I may try it again, see if there are any improvements. I found Charles Street to have much flavor and more choices on their menu and over priced for the portions Not the best in town.

Mirepoix99, Owner at Savoury's, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Hello Brandy, first of all welcome to the area as you said you recently moved here.
I am sorry that you did not have the experience I would have hoped for you first visit. Our portions are commented on nightly at how huge they are... I would love to know what you had as perhaps that menu item needs to be looked at. Regarding the water, that is odd that you would not get a re-fill as we put a water carafe at each table.
I do hope you give us another try as I would love for you to experience an evening that I strive to give all of our guests nightly.
Mariposa does have such great options for dining as you stated. Charles Street, 1850, the Gold Coin, Sugar Pine, River Rock, The Yosemite Bug are all offering unique dishes to please the locals like yourself now and our tourists.