“Great base to visit Yosemite”
Review of Mariposa Hotel Inn

and 1 more site!
Mariposa Hotel Inn
Ranked #7 of 21 Mariposa B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Mariposa is a great place to base yourself for a visit to Yosemite being only a little over an hours drive away..

This hotel has some great rooms and each room is decorated in 1800's style and has an individual story which Gary, the manager, will be only to pleased to pass on. Rooms are very cosy, quaint and comfortable and very clean.

We were checked in by Will who I believe is the maintenance guy and he was very efficient, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greatimes4ever

Reviewed January 7, 2011

We arrived at the town of Mariposa late in the day and were recommended the hotel by the local tourist information office. The room had a double bed and plenty of space for the extra mattress that was brought in and made up into a comfortable bed for our teenage son very promptly. The room had recently been refurbished to a high standard with furniture and fabrics creating the feel of the early 1900's, but with modern comforts such as coffee maker, air-conditioning and luxury bathroom . Historic photos all down the hall added to the atmosphere, and there was a veranda to sit out on at the back of the hotel. The hotel is on the main street and there are decent places to eat just a few paces from the front door.

We were made very welcome at the hotel and the hosts joined us on the veranda after dinner to share tales of the national park and local wildlife which really added to our holiday experience.

Next morning, we had breakfast on the veranda at no extra charge, a simple serve-yourself breakfast of cereal, toast and marmalade, orange juice, tea and coffee which made a relaxed start to the day. There were even humming birds flying round the perimeter of the veranda as we ate.

The whole experience at Mariposa Hotel Inn was a memorable part of our holiday. I would definitely recommend it to others and hope to stay again one day.

When we left the hotel , I misplaced a sketchbook somewhere in the town, though I wasn't sure where, and when I emailed the manager, he managed to find it and post it back to me in England. How's that for excellent service!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank RABcotswolder
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Stayed at the Mariposa Hotel Inn for three days in September 2010. Excellant staff an older hotel but the charm and the beds rewally made up for the age. Breakfast was included making the price most reasonable. We had fun with the staff and the hotel is located right on main st and you can walk to shops and resturants easly. Mariposa is a cool little town and the people there are very friendly, would love to go back ther some time and would stay at the Mariposa Hotel Inn for sure.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We stayed 3 nights here as a base for exploring Yosemite. It worked well for us. Gary and his staff could not have been more helpful in accommodating the family, but airbeds on the floor of the honeymoon suite was not quite what we expected but it did the job. Breakfast is DIY on the verandah with the other guests while humming birds feed above your heads. This is a place of character and those who are looking for a more anitseptic travel experience might find stuff to criticise, but we enjoyed it very much.

I'd recommend going to the Discovery Stores in town and buying a rotisserie chicken with salad and eating your dinner on the verandah over anything we tried in town.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2010

If you are on your way to Yosemite, this is the place to stay, especially if you are solo or just a couple. Each room is the decor of the 1800's and it is very clean and quaint. The price is quite reasonable and competitive with other places I checked out. This hotel/inn has a lot of charm. The manager even invited me to a glass of wine on the porch for the evening. No pressure to accept or not. The receptionist is a real character with lots of good stories about his life. I have travelled the world and I found this inn to be great. It is friendly, charming, competitively priced and very welcoming. I think foreigners would really enjoy this place before going to Yosemite. Mariposa is a lovely little town as a bypass to Yosemite. Everyone in the town shops are welcoming and super friendly, too. I think this is a super place to stay, especially if you can't get closer to Yosemite. It takes about 1 hour to get to the floor of Yosemite Valley. It is a wonderful drive. I give the Mariposa Hotel Inn two thumbs up. I look forward to staying there again. I would actually go out of my way to stay there next time I got to Yosemite. Happy travels.

Cheers,

Susan Ackerman
Topanga, California

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2010

room clean and ok. But the rest of the hotel was not clean. Also there is no breakfast.

Paul P, General Manager at Mariposa Hotel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

We are very sorry your experience with Mariposa Hotel Inn was "so so." We would like to apologize for the negative aspects of your time with us. My wife and I have recently come in to help the owner of the inn, Lyn, manage the inn more effectively. There were a lot of areas where there was room for improvement. We have since addressed those area and I can assure you our guests are enjoying an excellent facility and experience. We have since throughly cleaned the entire inn and we have serve a continental breakfast each morning. Please contact me directly at the inn I will be happy to discuss this matter with you. Thank you for your feedback.

Thanks,

John Peele
Manager and Part Owner
Mariposa Hotel Inn

Reviewed August 8, 2010

A great hotel near to Yosemite (45 minutes from the Arch Rock entrance).
Rooms are clean and pictoresque, seems like going back in time! Staff friendly and kind. High recommended!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway
Miners Inn Motel
Miners Inn Motel
#1 of 6 in Mariposa
Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel

Been to Mariposa Hotel Inn? Share your experiences!