“Super delicious and friendly service”
Review of Sugar Pine Cafe

Sugar Pine Cafe
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Mariposa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Classic american comfort food,from fresh baked pastries and pies to soups and chili, all made from scratch daily. Great burger, fries and shakes too.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super delicious and friendly service”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stopped at sugar pine cafe by chance on our way to Yosamite and were amazed by the quality of the food and the friendliness of the service. Really nice local feel with and authentic diner interior. Clean and delicious.

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Coffee & Cake!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stopped in here for a Coffee and Cake during our stay.
Great cake!!!, the rest of the food looked great also!
Very friendly staff also

• Visited April 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great historic cafe - good food & prices”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great cafe with roomy booths. Nice menu and good prices. Glad to eat lunch hear during a trip to Yosemite. The grilled chicken sandwich was very good.

Visited June 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Hard to Beat!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Talk about hitting the jackpot. The 1st night my wife and I ate there, we had the spaghetti & meatballs and the chicken wrap. The spaghetti is what we call "broke the mouth" good. The marinara sauce is sweet but subtle. I asked for extra sauce and our waitress gladly obliged. I tried getting the recipe but no luck. The meatballs are really tasty. For &12.95 a steal. Also had a hamburger. Really hit the spot. My wife's chicken wrap was just ok!

2nd night I had the same thing. My wife tried the special which was a 12oz steak done in a fancy way. Some kind of european name. Like Romanian steak or something. It was excellent. Their beef comes from the Harris Ranch which is local. The taste is fresh and the beef tender. Per our waitress suggestion we had the butternut soup. WOW! Talk about hitting the spot. She also suggested getting the pie for desert. Since she was right so far we did the pie. I wasn't impressed although my wife was.

I also had a cranberry scone. Jackpot!!!!! It's only $2.50 ea., It's kind of big and tasty with some kind of glaze on it. Before we hit the road the next day I ordered 12 scones for the long drive north. We ended up in Weed with the scones. They tasted good there too.

The service is excellent. The 2 different waitress we had were sincere and gave us excellent service. When I went to buy the scones in the (am) another waitress saw me with the hotel ice bucket and before I could say anything she asked me if I wanted ice in that thing. I had to smile. What service. I only came in for the scones. Gave her a minuscule tip anyway. Just to say thank you.

When I asked for a medium rare hamburger grilled not fried. That is exactly what I got. It helped hardly anyone else was in at the time. But the skinny cook was right-on the money.

In closing….we Yelped the place before we went and ….we got excellent service and excellent food without breaking the bank. Now you know why I say YAUZA!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dominick550
Wilmington, Delaware
“I love diners and this met my expectations”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Had breakfast there 2 mornings. Loved the cheese grits. Pancakes were light and fluffy. They made me iced coffee the way it should be made. Big glass if ice with coffee poured over the ice. I am fussy about my coffee and this was good!! Obviously I would eat here again

• Visited June 2014