“Out of the freezer into the fryer, yukky”
Review of Sugar Pine Cafe

Sugar Pine Cafe
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Mariposa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Classic american comfort food,from fresh baked pastries and pies to soups and chili, all made from scratch daily. Great burger, fries and shakes too.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I like fresh and I can tell the difference especially when they cook it in front of you. Frozen hamburger patties and frozen chicken breasts leave a bad taste in my mouth.
We went here on recommendations from the front desk.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Good old fashioned diner. The food was delicious. Service was fine.Had hoped for breakfast but missed it. Had lunch there- San Francisco Burger. Great shake. Would stop there again if I'm ever in the area.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The gave our breakfast for free....or at least my boyfriends, after cooking it wrong twice. I was done by the time he got his. My breakfast was just 'ok' but that was it. The waitress was very umm....mature and seemed to take a while to get things together. The manager seemed underaged. It just was not worth the price, even with the comp. I would have rather made my own breakfast.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Ate here 3-4 times while staying in the area on vacation. Daily specials for breakfast was impressive. We are pretty basic breakfast eaters but had omelets and one of the basil & egg specials. Bacon was pretty good quality and I after I had the cheese grits I had to order an extra side every time, they were just awesome!

The first morning we stopped - Tuesday, they were busy and the service was a little slow. There was one waitress but the food did arrive hot. We also wanted an order of the biscuits and gravy but they were sold out, hence 4 stars and not 5.

We really liked this place and will try back again next time in town. Hopefully to try the lunch and dinner.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great place to grab a fresh cooked meal. Small menu, but use fresh ingredients Friendly atmosphere and helpful servers. Parking can be difficult in the lot, but it is right in the center of town.