“It's all in the details...!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mariposa
Meadow Creek Ranch Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #10 of 21 Mariposa B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2010

If you're a stickler about details, then you will REALLY appreciate staying at this awesome B&B! It's clean, comfortable, breakfast was awesome, and I felt pampered. Diana & Willey make you feel like family, and my wish is their desire, right down to the frest ground coffee in my room, and the question...."What time do you want your breakfast?" WOW, I get choices....! Loved it here, and will definately come back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed September 12, 2010

Having read the previous reviews I was interested to see how any B&B could be worthy of a 100% Trip Advisor rating………Trust me this place fully deserves 5 stars. Here are Three reasons why……

1. Willie and Diana are the perfect hosts; they make you feel like relatives visiting for the hundredth time. They are very keen to ensure that you are well informed about the area and have great anecdotes to tell. Willie greeted us on arrival and my fiancé Laura (a cat lover) was delighted to be introduced to the five cats who also reside within the grounds.
2. The Chicken Coop; our room was (believe it or not) a converted chicken coop?! This charming and extremely cosy cottage is completely separate from the main house. It features a stand alone fully functioning bath, antique furniture, en-suite bathroom, a very comfortable and spacious bed and air conditioning. It was here that I proposed to my now fiancé and a more romantic setting you cannot find.
3. Breakfast; where to begin? Breakfast is complimentary and is easily the best food I have eaten in the United States to date. All the food is home made, there is fresh food in abundance and the tea (as I have been reliably informed by my fiancé) is made as is should be (with boiling water) unlike many establishments who seem to be incapable of making a good old cup of Britain's favourite beverage! We were treated to a different breakfast every day including pancakes and bacon but to our astonishment on the third day we were presented with heart-shaped Welsh cakes! We had told Willie and Diana of our recent engagement the night before (and of our Welsh heritage). This really was the icing on the cake.

Thanks again Willie & Diana

Robert & Laura

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed in the garden cottage and loved it. It was comfortable, clean and felt like home.

We had a wonderful breakfast every morning and conversation with Willy was a real treat.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I've been driving past this charming setting for twenty years always wanting to "check it out". My father lives very close to this B and B and a large family gathering required my sister and I find a comfy lodging nearby. We stayed in an adorable cottage called the Chicken coop". Roomy, cute ,comfortable bed and huge soaking tub. The hosts, Willie and Diana we warm and friendly and the breakfast was great. They even share recipes.
I can't recommend this inn highly enough and I hope I have chance to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed November 28, 2009

We LOVED this B&B!!! This place is charming, cozy and beautiful in so many ways. Willie and Diana are sweethearts and transplants from the Bay Area who understand the needs of folks from more urban areas while providing solitude, yet plenty of advice/ information on the area. Breakfast was super yummy and if you're a cat-lover they have cute felines -around - when we were there there were 3 kittens (fyi: if you're not a cat-lover don't worry... you can avoid them... but they're hard to resist - we requested visitation rights. We stayed in the Chicken Coop which was our own private cottage and super comfy - very nice bed! We brought our laptop to watch movies and we actually did have some wireless access back there... but who needs it when you're on vacation?! It's also a great location - close to Mariposa for restaurants & shopping and close to the south entrance of the park. We hope to return back ... especially since we bought a year pass to Yosemite. Thank you Willie and Diana!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We trust TripAdvisor when unfamiliar with a property and so when we decided to find a getaway that was close to Yosemite, but not so close as to be commercial, we booked into this B & B. WONDERFUL and WARM with an incredible breakfast...This restored house built in the 1850's has an attached unit called the Garden Gate, which we stayed in....and another seperate unit called...the Country Cottage lovingly also called the chicken coop because that is what it originally was. There is a creek that runs beside the property and there are pines and walnuts and deer that visit in the evening. Three wild turkeys come around as well as a covy of California quail. The Garden Gate had a private patio where we sat and watched the blanket of stars while sipping the complimentary sherry and freshly ground coffee. There was a clawfoot tub with a great shower and very hot water...which I rarely find nowadays in the more commercial places...in our very nicely appointed bath. The bed was warm and inviting with flannel sheets but only comes in queen. The Garden Gate does have a day bed in an adjoining nook. The innkeepers are very friendly and exceptionally accomodating and are very knowledgable about the history of the house and the area. This is a place to go to get away from TV and telephones and to enjoy the countryside while having great access to the south entrance to Yosemite (Wawona). We are planing to make this an annual retreat and hope to return soon. If you go, ask Diana to make her quiche and muffins and ask Willie about the cast iron collection and about all the artifacts they have found.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Stayed at the end of September and the first two days of October. The reviews hit it spot on. This is a wonderful place to stay and Diana and Willie are wonderful hosts. Stayed in the Garden Gate. Perfect for two people. The room was very comfortable and clean. The breakfasts are to die for. Fresh fruit every day. Delightful breakfasts. You will not walk away hungry. Ask Willie about the history of the ranch. Very interesting. Diana is just a "GEM". Dark chocolate pieces everynight in our room. This B & B is a wonderful location for exploring Yosemite. They asked us where our next stop was to be on our trip and made great suggestions on places to visit heading up route 49. This is a must place to stay when exploring this part of California.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel
Mariposa Lodge
Mariposa Lodge
#2 of 6 in Mariposa

Been to Meadow Creek Ranch Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!