“Nice value near Yosemite”
Review of Mariposa Lodge

Mariposa Lodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Mariposa
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I visit Yosemite several times a year, and this is my second choice. Quite often, I just spend the night in the hotel, so what I am looking for is a budget place near the park that has a clean, comfortable room & nice shower. This place fulfills the requirements. It is my second choice, because sometimes I can get the same rates at another hotel in Buck Meadows that I think is better & also have a very nice restaurant next door. But I highly recommend this one too... Does the job with a good value for a good night of sleep after hiking all day in the park!

1  Thank happy_traveler_4
There are newer reviews for Mariposa Lodge

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Highly suggest you take your business to a different place. If you value service, wifi, strong water pressure and housekeeping service, this is not the place for you.

We stayed here for 2 nights at one of the larger apartments (2 bed, 1 bath) and were disappointed.

- extremely poor internet connectivity. You have better connectivity at Glacier Point than at Mariposa Lodge
- Very poor water pressure in the showers.
- Our room was not made by the housekeeping staff. Bathrooms, beds and trash - everything was as we left it. Motel 6 has better housekeeping staff.
- The website is not reflective of how the overall property looks like. Gardens are nothing much to talk about, the swimming pool is like a puddle of water.

This is an overpriced motel with poor service. I recommend going somewhere else that offers cheaper rates, free breakfast, better internet etc. I am giving one point because the manager apologized to us for our experience and said she will take some corrective action.

2  Thank Rohit B
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here for two nights as base for visiting Yosemite National Park, which is about an hour's drive from here. This is a basic motel , but well kept, comfortable and for it's location, reasonably priced. The is no laundromat on-site, which would have been useful for those on long trips like ours; that said there is a good laundromat a few minutes drive from the motel and staff will be happy to give directions. We note from other reviews that some people had a problem with noise but we had none. The motel is centrally located in town and there is a good choice of bars, restaurants and an excellent diner.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JVPG
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was here for several nights, so let me list the pros and cons.
PROS:
• Comfortable beds and pillows
• Clean
• Fridge, microwave & coffee pot in room
• Great price ($159/night) compared to inside Yosemite ($250+)
• Spacious room size
• Centrally located to Mariposa and walking distance to dining
• Housekeeping did a great job each day
• During the day, it is quiet here…tucked in off the main street which is busy.

CONS:
• My room had people above me. Most rooms did not. I could hear people walking and getting up to go to the bathroom during the night. I could hear them showering and the fans in their bathrooms.
• I could hear mice or things moving in the walls at night. They were running back and forth. I've had mice in my walls and I know what it sounds like.
• Internet & cell phone service is hard to get here. But it's not the fault of the hotel. I travel with my own wi-fi device and my reception was impossible too. To remedy this, just walk a block in any direction and you'll get cell phone reception.
• Shower head didn't work that great. I could shower, but the water pressure was struggling it seemed.

So, it is a decent value and clean in a location that's about 45-60 minutes outside the west entrance to Yosemite. There are just some quirky issues and they're not horrible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where there isn't a room above you. Most of the units are 1 story. The rooms #101...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after leaving Yosemite. The beds were comfortable and clean except for a dead gnat on the sheets. There was a microwave and a fridge in the room. Very spacious rooms! There is no continental breakfast, but there are cafes near by. We had no problem sleeping. Recommend this for people traveling from Yosemite and need a place to sleep.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Snipperton
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Clean, spacious, comfortable (bed). Front desk staff were friendly and outgoing. Easy drive to the park. Have stayed before and will stay again. Booked two rooms and our friends were also very pleased.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the cyard parking area ard toward the back of the property...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Yosemite, for less than the price paid for one night at Yosemite Lodge inside the park. The only drawback is about an hour drive each way, although it is a beautiful route, much alongside the Merced River. The innkeepers are extremely friendly, and spacious room 121 is located in the single-story building. Everything was clean and worked; if we set the refrigerator dial above "1," our water began to freeze, the air conditioner was excellent. There is road noise until evening, but we ran the fan at night and heard no noises. It is a short walk to good restaurants and the small town has many interesting shops and museums.
There is a small, round pool, that we didn't try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the single-story building, it may be quieter.
1  Thank bglhvn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway
#2 of 7 in Groveland
Miners Inn Motel
Miners Inn Motel
#1 of 6 in Mariposa

Been to Mariposa Lodge? Share your experiences!