“Did not get the room we booked”
Review of Mariposa Lodge

Mariposa Lodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Mariposa
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Did not get the room we booked”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

The room was fine, but the service was poor. We booked in February for the end of June. We booked two rooms with this description: "2 QUEEN BEDS Newly remodeled NON smoking. In a garden courtyard. PERFECT FAMILY ROOM. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED." When we arrived, we did not get the rooms in the garden courtyard but in the parking lot. The rooms did not look newly remodeled, and when we asked the lady in the front desk she told us that the room was the one described... judge by yourself based on the pictures...

Room Tip: Do no pay extra for the rooms located in a garden courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Eleomorsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Finnish first
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Very clean hotel..no complaints on cleanliness front. But couple of things : one is indifferent service. I asked a couple of questions at the lobby and the lady at the desk seemed to have a "I do not care" attitude. Secondly, the air conditioning was switching on and off the whole night and hence effectively did not have a peaceful night of sleep. Upon calling front desk, was informed that when the air-conditioner will switch on in some time whenever it switches off. Common, we are living in 2011, get a decent modern air conditioner especially considering the rates charged. An hour's drive from yosemite valley.....which is what we were visiting...okay restaurants nearby....not sure if we might stay here again....but probably might if there is no other option because hotel was very clean....and spacious rooms...

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We were leaving Yosemite. The motel is on the main road. Easy walk to shops and resturants. The room were good size. It had refrig and MW. The staff were pleasant.
We stayed in room on the end. We could park in front. It was quiet. Clean. It had outside small pool and hot tub. It is good for a place to stay. I found it on Trip Advisor. It worked just don't expect 5 star look.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Milwaukie, Oregon
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I have filed a complaint with the BBB and Visa requesting a refund from a stay at MARIPOSA LODGE in Mariposa California.

My wife and I picked that place through your web site. They offered WiFi which was required for me to take care of business. There web site says they have free WiFi for all the rooms.

On arrival I confirmed that there was indeed WiFI in every room. The desk clerk assured me that there was and I signed the card and paid for the room.

Once in the room my wife and I settled in, took a shower and then I sat down to go on the internet and take care of business.

I couldn't log in. I called the front desk to get the password. The password didn't work. I called the front desk again to make sure the password was correct. It was. I couldn't get in. I called the front desk to let them know it wasn't the right password. The desk clerk assured me it was and that I was the problem.

At that point I asked for a refund and she said that was not possible. I told her I needed the internet and she told me to go down to the Subway and use theirs. This of course would have been very inconvenient as it was close to midnight, I was tired and didn't want to get dressed to drive down to the Subway.

In the morning when we were packing up the person in the room next door was outside trying to get on the internet. He also was not able to get on and was not a happy camper. He had the same password as I did and was clearly frustrated.

Do not stay there. It is not a nice place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Cliff C
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Yes, the pool is about the size of a bathtub, it's inconvenient driving between the buildings to get to the parking area of our room, but it is a short walk to the business district, restaurants and shops. The room was pleasant and spacious, on an inner court, it was also quiet. I didn't do a parking space count, but it was always at capacity.
I had reserved online and gotten a confirmation on Friday for a Tuesday arrival. Several hours later, they called my home phone and left a message that none of the three nights was available. I didn't pick up the message until Monday morning, but couldn't return their call until late in the afternoon. When I did, they told me that they had been able to accomodate me, what a relief!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Donald E A
Waco, Texas
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We needed a decent place to stay while visiting Yosemite, and the Mariposa Lodge delivered. Mostly, ours was a typical cheap motel room. Good thing we weren't interested in TV, because it was an old model with a tiny screen. Pluses included a fridge and MW (interestingly, the fridge is tastefully hidden behind a cabinet door, where some might not find it). As others have written, the landscaping is quite nice; I enjoyed that. And the remodeled bathroom, while small, was really nice! The beds, not so much . . . .

While on the main road, it was reasonably quiet, and there was open green space behind our room. Since it's in the middle of town, there are several restaurants and numerous shops within walking distance, including a nice little coffee shop across the road that has nice bakery items.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank IMHOguy
Fairfax, Va.
Reviewed October 20, 2011

IGoing to Yosemite? This is about as close as you can get to Yosemite Valley without spending hundreds of dollars to stay inside the park. The Mariposa Lodge is now part of the America's Best Value chain and is much better than other properties of this chain that I have visited. The young woman who was desk clerk upon my arrival was very professional and very helpful acquainting me to the town and how to get around the park. I would highly recommend this model.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway
Best Western Plus Yosemite Way Station Motel
Miners Inn Motel
Miners Inn Motel
#1 of 6 in Mariposa

Been to Mariposa Lodge? Share your experiences!