“Good food at a reasonable price”
Review of Cafe Buna

Cafe Buna
Ranked #11 of 134 Restaurants in Marina del Rey
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Venice
Los Angeles, California
“Good food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great place for breakfast. The cornbread french toast is excellent, and one of the few places in town where you can get a bowl of cream-o-wheat. They also have real maple syrup, which is a big plus. Good coffee and service. It tends to get noisy so it's hard to carry on a conversation when it's busy. Always a line on weekends

Visited January 2013

Marina del Rey, California
“Great for Breakfast”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We live near Cafe Buna and often walk there for breakfast. For such a small space, they have a very large and varied menu. Everything is prepared well and served in generous portions. We have taken many friends and family members there and all of them have enjoyed their meals. The omlettes and pancakes are favorites of ours. The people who work there are all friendly and helpful. Great neighborhood restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Worth the walk from Venice strip!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Great place for a quick bite...with so many selections for a great breakfast ! Awesome omelets,→ with the healthy conscience in mind.! 1.2 miles from the Venice Pier and Beach.! Great, fast service.

• Visited October 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“Wow! This place ROCKS IT!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great prices, great service and an early dining breakfast special, all located on a busy street. This is obviously a local's delight since most folks were addressed by name. I would almost consider moving here to get back there!

Visited September 2012
Auburn, WA
“Wow! Great Food Plus Many Gluten Free Choices”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife has celiac disease so when we eat out she has to get gluten free meals. This restaurant was walking distance from our motel when we last stayed in Venice/Marina Del Rey, CA. We like to go there to chill and take in all that is "Los Angeles" while we are at it.

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel manager (I think he was the manager). We stayed at The Inn At Marina Del Rey Best Western. Guy's name was Jerry. Anyway, we go there for breakfast. Awesome meals. Wife had a gluten free big breakfast that consisted of a very yummy Turkey omlet and fresh fruit. I had Chorizo egg scramble. Also quite tasty. The apple juice is like fresh home made cider. When we left I ordered a large Caramel Macchiato to go. It looked like a work of art. I didn't want to disturb it, but being the caffeine addict I am, I had to do it. Tasted fantastic.

We dined here three more days. Had lunch and three more breakfasts. For lunch I had a Turkey club sandwich. It looked like fresh carved turkey. Wife I think had a salad. Breakfasts were Cornflake French Toast (highly recommended), Pancakes and eggs, and cinnamon-raisin French Toast. All great. They also have a red velvet white chocolate chip pancake dish that I did not try but want to try it next time we are in Venice/MDR. Wife tried a sample of the corn bread French toast, and I tried it too. It was great and totally gluten free. They have a LOT of gluten free choices. Including gluten free pancakes (wife had them) and they are fabulous.

Our servers were great. I did not get the names of the two gentlemen who served us but our main server was a really cool lady named Donna. You can't miss her, she will be going around in there like a whirling dervish, serving customers, pouring coffee, etc. She has this bubbly personality that is so magnetic, she is absolutely irresistible. You will want her to serve your table for sure.

They have a lot of gluten free items on their menu. Open from 6 am to 4 pm daily. The biggest breakfast menu of really great foods and many choices of meats and different pancakes and French Toast, too many to list. They have a menu. Then they have a chalk board which is full of more items. Then they have a smaller chalk board for overflow items. Then they have a white paper poster with more items, and one more paper with even more items. How can you go wrong eating here? I don't know. Great servers, great food, great location if you are staying on or around Washington Blvd near Lincoln. (about a mile from the beach). There are also tables on the sidewalk if you want to eat outside.

• Visited August 2012