“Great Service for Breakfast after Remodel”
Review of Nichols Restaurant INC - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nichols Restaurant INC
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nichols Restaurant's service has improved quite a bit since they remodeled the restaurant. My running club and I have eaten here on multiple occasions after a long run on a Saturday or Sunday morning in Marina Del Rey. The service is great and so are the pancakes and accompanying breakfast items.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We used to frequent this restaurant couple times a week and loved their menu and the people who worked there. Their food mostly would qualify as comfort food. Then I believe the son took over the place and decided to go upscale, changing menu, putting in bar and remodeled the whole interior. Then they let go of great group of servers who we knew by their names. We tried it, after the remodel and was disappointed to see many of our favorite items missing and our servers. They raised their prices and most of our retiree friends in the area stopped going there, as we did. As the old saying goes " If it ain't broken, don't fix it " I have not been back, but understand due to customer demand some old items have returned on the menu.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had breakfast with friends who have frequented Nichols for years. Everything was superb BUT the selections included many very inventive items.
My wife had creamed polenta with chorizo and I had a breakfast pizza.with fontina, bacon, egg, white cheddar.
Our host requested "really crisp" hash browns and the chef honored the request perfectly. Our waitress, originally from the English Midlands was superb.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Get the Salad Nisoise-it's amazing!!!! Service is really with a smile and the food is excellent-a surprise delight. I will definitely go back there.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

This used to be my grandparents favorite place to eat, breakfast, lunch of dinner at least twice a week. They had been going to to Nichols for over 30 years. Now the place is now a uncomfortable, hip place, with smaller portions, increased prices, and they lost half of the menu, only to be replaced by rushed quick food. My grandpa would be very disappointed if he knew what happened to this place, will never go back.