“Fabulous food, service and decor”
Review of Nichols Restaurant INC - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Santa Monica
“Fabulous food, service and decor”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Get the Salad Nisoise-it's amazing!!!! Service is really with a smile and the food is excellent-a surprise delight. I will definitely go back there.

Visited August 2012

Brea, California
“Was a wonderful place, now not so much”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This used to be my grandparents favorite place to eat, breakfast, lunch of dinner at least twice a week. They had been going to to Nichols for over 30 years. Now the place is now a uncomfortable, hip place, with smaller portions, increased prices, and they lost half of the menu, only to be replaced by rushed quick food. My grandpa would be very disappointed if he knew what happened to this place, will never go back.

• Visited April 2012
Kansas City
“I don't agree.”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Once again, I visited this place and once again I found it an excellent choice. For what it is, a sleek, polished dining place that is trying harder and harder. I don't know what it was before, to make it so unpopular with many reviewers but there is nothing wrong with upgrading a popular breakfast place into a more sophisticated dinner and cocktail place that still serves breakfast and lunch.
Service was flawless, thanks to our charming server Raye. My wife's chicken wings were different from the usual but TOP KNOTCH! My grilled cheese sandwich was the best I've ever had, with avocado, bacon and tomato and the tomato basil soup very good.
The owners are obviously making an effort toward excellence. I suspect this place will soon develop a large new and loyal following..

• Visited February 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Old customers no longer welcome.”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

After one of my favorite breakfast restaurant re-opened after an extensive remodel, I was presented with a different place altogether. The new place, where I used to take my elderly parents for breakfast or lunch no longer welcomes us. The breakfast menu is now a "brunch" menu with higher prices and not as many choices as before. The service is slower due to less seating space, and the counter seats are no longer comfortable. The old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" was obviously lost on the previous owner's son, the new boss.

• Visited January 2012
Kansas City
“Sleek, minimalist diner.”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

First time was Saturday night. Guess it used to be a down home breakfast site so I can understand why some old regulars might be disgruntled to find a sleek new dinner place in its stead. Wife and I were pleasantly surprised to find good food at low prices and an excellent server and friendly hostess.
She had burger and fries, both of which were very good. I had excellent tomato basil soup with a grilled cheese sandwich which included bacon and avocado. Didn't expect that. 7.50. I am looking forward to returning for a full dinner or for breakfast. I consider this a find. Jill was a superb and delightful server. Didn't try it but the bread pudding with Jack Daniels sauce sounds wonderful. Next time.

• Visited January 2012