We weren't expecting too upscale a property, but this is really a Travelodge with some "cool" furnishings to give it a trendy L.A feel. The building itself could have easily been a Travelodge in the past. It's a basic stucco property on a busy street and the rooms look a little tired.
I will say that the rooms have a good layout with the separate living area and two TVs. The bathroom has a sink that's apart from the shower/toilet which works well for a couple or small family.
The breakfast offerings are decent but as mentioned in other reviews the breakfast dining room is very small and was filled both mornings we used it.
The location is reasonably close to Venice Beach but it's a pretty long walk.
I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again unless price is more appealing than what we paid for our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With our playful style and central location, live like a local at The Kinney hotel in Venice Beach. Grab your entourage and truly experience So Cal - from courtyard loungin' to beach cruisin' - our house is your house. Keep the Snaps going with complimentary Wi-Fi, cool off in our dipping pool, and when you're ready to call it a night, refresh in brand-new beds. Now is the time to truly experience Venice (and give your friends a little FOMO). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Kinney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus The Inn At Marina Del Rey Hotel Marina Del Rey
- Holiday Inn Marina Del Rey
- Marina Del Rey Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Venice Area