When we arrived Jason checked us in. He is very nice. I went to our room and was not so sure when I saw that outside our window people sat around the courtyard on lounge chairs right in front of the window. I went back to get another room but the other room seemed to far away from the pool area which was right outside the door of the first room. Jason was very understanding and gave us our choice of rooms that were available. I stuck with the first room and I am glad i did. We never experienced any noise problems from people being outside and no one hung outside at night so there was no problem. The hotel has a boutique kind of feeling. It is very clean and bright and decorated with pretty pictures and the courtyard by the pool has a nice fountain. I would always go out there and relax. The pool is very small but it is usually empty so unless you are a lap swimmer that does not matter. It is too small for laps but it is fine to unwind in and relax when no one else is in it. The rooms are clean, a little on the small side when the sofa bed is out but for the price this is fine. The bed is comfortable. The sofa bed mattress is not, we had to ask for extra blankets to make the thin mattress comfortable. They brought the blankets right away and asked if we had enough. The bedroom where the main bed is gets a little stuffy if you close the door at night to give the person in the sofa bed privacy. We ended up leaving the door that leads out to the side by the sink open so we could get some air. They might consider putting a vent or another air conditioner in the bedroom. The breakfast was very good. They offered little boxes of different cereals which my husband likes a lot. They had eggs and a waffle maker, oat meal which I like, yogurt, muffins and bananas and apples. They also had apples in the lobby which was a nice touch. There was plenty of food. They kept refilling everything. They could use a few more tables because if you do not go down early you might have to wait for a table or bring the food back to your room. (or you could bring it to the nice outdoor area-no real table there but you can balance it on your lap or use one of the ottomans) We only had to wait once and then we went down earlier and were fine. We had a refrigerator in the room which was great. The parking lot had small spaces but we were there at an empty time of year so there was plenty of parking. When I arrived the first day I took a walk to Venice beach. It is about a mile away. On our last day there I went to Mothers beach which is about 3/4 of a mile away. Turn left on the Via Marina rode way. I wish I had gone there sooner. They were teaching people how to do different water activities. It looked like fun. I never checked for the prices of the lessons because I was leaving that day. Nice restaurants in that area too. When you walk down Washington Blvd. and make a left turn you are right on the Marina. There are also nice restaurants on the way to the beach. We went for a walk along the Venice Beach Canals. They are very pretty. This hotel is in a great location if you do not want to spend a fortune for a beachfront hotel. We enjoyed the free breakfast and the free parking. Brad, Jason and Francisco at the front desk always answered all of my questions and were very nice. I would stay here again, in fact I wish I was there now and I would take a walk to the beach and take a lesson on the water in Marina del rey. We had a very nice stay.
Venice Beach is quite an experience. We took a long walk one day to see muscle beach and all of the venders that line the walkway. Wear comfortable shoes, we thought we were going to just sit on the beach and wore flip flops and when we ended up taking a long walk our feet got a little sore. It is an experience. The hotel also had computers in the lobby that we usually did not have to wait for and I printed our airline tickets easily. We needed to be in this area and this hotel was great. I felt like I could have a beach vacation and visit my family at the same time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With our playful style and central location, live like a local at The Kinney hotel in Venice Beach. Grab your entourage and truly experience So Cal - from courtyard loungin' to beach cruisin' - our house is your house. Keep the Snaps going with complimentary Wi-Fi, cool off in our dipping pool, and when you're ready to call it a night, refresh in brand-new beds. Now is the time to truly experience Venice (and give your friends a little FOMO). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your The Kinney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus The Inn At Marina Del Rey Hotel Marina Del Rey
- Holiday Inn Marina Del Rey
- Marina Del Rey Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Venice Area