Ramada Marina Del Rey
Foghorn Harbor Inn Hotel(Marina del Rey)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
$269
  • Pool
The Kinney(Marina del Rey)
$251
  • Pool
Hotel MdR-A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel(Marina del Rey)(Great Value!)
$234
$316
$299
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
Jamaica Bay Inn(Marina del Rey)
  • Pool
Jolly Roger Hotel(Marina del Rey)
$189
$183
Orbitz.com
Inn at Venice Beach(Los Angeles)
$242
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvenice beachfree continental breakfastsanta monicacloser to the beachyogurtbusy streetfree parkingflat screenbed was comfortablerooms are cleangreat roomshort driveabbot kinneyone night staynice staywould stay here againla area
Reviewed September 16, 2005

It's a Ramada, so don't expect the Hilton, but for its price, it had a lot of value. We stayed a week, and the hotel was booked nearly every night, yet we rarely heard other people. Quietness is a big plus for us. Also, the room was clean, well-maintained, and had a refrigerator. They gave us free wireless internet, but they had a sign that said they charged for that service.

Besides a value-priced, clean place to stay, it was fairly close to the beach, although a bit far for the average walker especially when carrying gear. But, you can't stay closer to the beach without paying MUCH MUCH higher prices. There was a continental breakfast, but it was pretty bare bones.

The biggest con was the parking. The spots were VERY small, but so were the parking spots nearly everywhere we traveled in the area. It didn't help that several guests could not seem to center their vehicles into the spaces and took up more than 1 space on a regular basis. Wish the hotel staff would have at least talked to these guests so that a few others could park, but it was overlooked. Also, there seem to be fewer spots than rooms. Hmmm. Let's do the math since I doubt anyone would take public transportation as a tourist to get here. Parking was also available on the street and was free, and we had to use it one night. No problems with it, but I much prefer parking closer to my room.

All in all, we'll definitely be back. It was a good value and quiet, comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2005
7  Thank pedalawayWA
Reviewed July 1, 2005

I went to Santa Monica, CA on vacation for a week in June. I could only afford to spend about $150 a day, including hotel, on my vacation, so I spent a lot of time on the web trying to find a cheap hotel. Every place I found under $80 a night had questionable reviews either here or Epinions or other review sites. Getting down to the wire I finally turned to Priceline. That site forced me to pick an alternate location, in addition to Santa Monica, where it would search for a suitable hotel. Needless to say that didn't make me feel good so I submitted a ridiculously low bid of $70 a night and then I picked Marina Del Rey as the alternate location since it was the closest to Santa Monica. I was shocked when I got a positive response.

A Ramada Limited at 3130 Washington Blvd. in Marina Del Rey, CA had accepted our bid! The offer said that it is a one star motel. We discovered the motel was small, clean and the staff were very friendly. Our room was HUGE with a kitchenette and kingsize bed. The pool was tiny but crystal clear, the parking lot and grounds were immaculate, the continental breakfast was simple but plentiful. Our only issue was how close it was to very busy Washington Blvd. The traffic noise at night was fairly loud. Even though our contract had been pre-arranged through Priceline, the staff moved us to a room at the rear of the property. Happily we discovered that Santa Monica was only a few minutes away after all.

I recommend this Ramada Limited to anyone and we'll be definitely going back.

9  Thank PeTim123
Reviewed March 5, 2005

Our stay was between Feb 23 and Feb 28, 2005 (two Queen bed room, 2nd floor (Rm 203) @ $70 per night. Free parking.). Our room furnishings were quite nice. Mattresses were very good. Bathroom was modern and in very good condition. Everything was clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we needed help. There are rooms that are directly adjacent to Washington Blvd and these could be noisy. While the address is 'Marina Del Rey', the hotel is actually across Washington Blvd from the upscale area of this community. The hotel is an older hotel but we found it to be a good accomodation in a good location. Venice and Venice Beach are an easy walk as are several good restaurants. Within a very short drive there are any number of additional restaurants and shopping malls. We found this location to provide good access to other areas of the city that we wanted to visit (Getty Museum, studios, Hollywood, Farmer's Market, Santa Monica, etc.). In short, very good value for the money.

• Stayed: February 2005
6  Thank ExCat
Reviewed August 29, 2004

Cannot understand the one star rating. We took 2 rooms for three nights. Rooms were perfecty good with refrigerators, clean and comfortable and good value. Staff helpful when needed but otherwise let us get on with the stay. Free parking and well located for a driving tour of LA. A walk down Washington gives a good choice of restaurants and if you're up for it a thirty minute walk will take you to Venice beach. We found a great Mexican eatery before we arrived at the coast. Hotel supplies a basic breakfast buffet but on one day we chose to eat at the beach - great. Not a hotel for luxury lovers or pampered pets but we had not one complaint

4  Thank Springlewongle
A TripAdvisor Member
Roseville, CA
Reviewed August 9, 2004

After reading some reviews on this site, I reserved a room at this hotel. This is the first review I have written, but I wish I had read something like this before I booked my trip.

On the plus side, the staff was nice and the price is right. But....

First, if there is such a thing as a bad part of Marina Del Rey, this is it. It is just next to a used car dealership. Second, to call this a hotel is a misnomer; it is clearly has a motel-type feel and quality. To wit, the office doors are locked at night and you must ring a bell and talk through bullet proof glass to check in past 8pm. In addition, the room had a visibily stained couch and the blanket had numerous moth holes. The bathroom grout was stained with mold residue. And good luck finding parking. My bathtub at home is almost as big as their "pool"

AAA should be ashamed of themselves to give this hotel an AAA rating. For another $20 a night, you could upgrade to a decent hotel closer to the beach.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member