“Great Stay”

Ramada Marina Del Rey
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, England
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We visited LA on a budget and we found this hotel to be a genuine bargain. Various sites offer discounts for this hotel, you just need to shop around. On arrival we found the receptionist to be genuinely attentive, helpful and efficient. She gave some great advice on the local restaurants and we ended up having our favourite meal of our 5 days in LA.
Our room was large and very clean. Yes slightly dated but they did seem to be working through a refurbishment programme in some of the rooms (which caused no noise issues for us). The free wifi was great, fast and strong signal. A big TV and lots of channels. Coffee machine and fridge if you need them.
My only complaint was that the complimentary breakfast was so sweet. The fruit juices were very sugary and even the yoghurts tasted rich. Then again it is complimentary and if you want to grab a quick snack on the way out its perfect,
There was a small hot tub in the grounds but to be honest it wasn't so appealing as its sat in the car park. I preferred the bath in the room.
Overall, an excellent experience if you can get a good rate.

Room Tip: The restaurant right next door is very nice. Good selection of food and very tasty.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
Reviewed November 16, 2013

It was really a wonderful experience of stay in Ramada Marina del Rey. I am from China, and this is the first time that I have ever been to USA. I got many helpful advise from the front desk. They were really nice and helpful. I appreciate that.

Room Tip: My room is 101 and it is really good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Chicago
Reviewed November 7, 2013

For the amount of space you get in a room with just one king-size bed, the price can't be beat. A leather couch, desk, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker are just a few of the things that make the room complete. Okay, so the complimentary coffee wasn't the best I've ever had, but Cafe Buna's right across the street from the Ramada, so, problem solved. Plus, Chris at the front desk is very friendly and accommodating -- at noon on the day I arrived, I asked if it would be possible to check in before 3:00, so he gave me a phone call at 1:30 once my room was ready. That's good service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was booked here by my company on a business trip, and found this Ramada Inn to be so unacceptable that if I’d had to stay here another night, I would have paid out of my own pocket to go elsewhere. Dirty hallways, old carpet, peeling wallpaper, dated décor. This place needs not so much a makeover as a wrecking ball. It is bad.

This Ramada Inn is located on a major street. There is a ton of street noise. Earplugs are necessary, even if your room doesn’t face Washington Blvd. Also, the mini fridge in my room made a loud noise about every 10 minutes, and trying to sleep through that was just as challenging as the traffic.

Wifi is supposedly free, but there was no signal in my room. I could only access the internet if I sat in the lobby. The lobby, flanked by a concrete planter displaying old and very dusty plastic roses, is always locked and you must be buzzed inside by the receptionist. This makes one feel not exactly secure. My room was also tucked away down a dark hallway, out of sight from the parking lot, which made me concerned about my safety. This feeling was amplified when I realized that all the other rooms on my wing were under construction, and I was completely alone in this section of the hotel, with only construction workers coming and going. Anyone could have come to my door, and no one would have seen them. It was really unsettling. I asked at the front desk about changing rooms and the young woman at the desk curtly told me it wasn’t possible.

It was very cold in my room at night. Early in the morning, I turned on the heater, only to have the room immediately fill with a burning smell. Seconds later, the smoke alarm went off. As if my stay could get worse. I turned off the heater and used a magazine to fan in front of the smoke alarm, and the alarm stopped. No one came to my room to check on me, and there was no mention of the alarm when I checked out later that day. As upsetting as it was to be cold and subjected to a faulty heater and fire alarm at 5am, it was equally upsetting that no one in the hotel came to check. What if there had been a real fire in my room?

I did see rooms being renovated at this Ramada Inn, but even with (desperately needed) updates, I would not stay here ever, ever again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
#3 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Venice On The Beach Hotel
Venice On The Beach Hotel
#55 of 348 in Los Angeles

Been to Ramada Marina Del Rey? Share your experiences!