“Was ok”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Detmold, Germany
“Was ok”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We got this hotel via Hotwire where we have choosen a hotel in the Santa Monica area. The hotel itself was good. The room large and clean, and they offered a typical continental breakfast. WiFi was, of course, available. Located at a main road it was partly noisy - for us it was ok. As we only needed a hotel before our return flight is was ok, otherwise I guess we would have choosen a hotel closer to the beach.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Corey B, General Manager at Ramada Marina Del Rey, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear K. S. from Detmold Germany,

Thank you for your review regarding Ramada Inn Venice Beach Hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgments on our large and clean rooms. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn Venice Beach CA.

Corey Bouche

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Turkish first
Alton, UK
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We spent 3 nights here with three teenage boys.
The room was spacious and very clean. The hotel staff were really helpful and gave us excellent recommendations for things to do in the evenings, although there are a number of excellent restaurants within 2 minutes walking distance and a safe 30 minute walk will take you to the Marina area where there are more restaurants and bars.
Staff were great booking our tours. We did have a hire car that made getting around a little easier but we walked to Santa Monica along the beach front during the day (don't do Venice at night!!) and it took about an hour and a half.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Corey B, General Manager at Ramada Marina Del Rey, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Dear J R,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding Ramada Inn Venice Beach. I appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

I’m always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Ramada Inn Venice Beach a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. I look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn Venice Beach.

Corey
General Manager DOS
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I spent 3 nights here. Although I was worried about traffic noise [my room was on the ground floor facing Washington Blvd] the traffic didn't wake me up once.

The location is pretty good, a medium-length walk to see Venice beach and the weirdos that reside there.

The staff were helpfull and nice. The breakfast was super basic but I wasn't expecting much.

Overall it's not going to blow you away with niceties but if you're looking for a place to crash it does the job.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from Washington Blvd.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DrSnafu
Dear Dr.,

Thank you for your feedback on Ramada Inn Venice Beach and look forward to your repeat business.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed many elements of your stay. Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can assist with future plans for Ramada Inn Venice Beach.

Best,
Corey
General Manage DOS
Northwood, Ohio
Reviewed February 10, 2012

After leaving the kids behind, gambeling a little at MGM, Exausted from the Holiday, and work, It was a very cozy, and comfortable night. woke up refreshed. I am usually very uncomfortable at hotels. Theyre loud, and staff wakes you early cleaning other rooms. my stay was all together one of the best ever!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

2 Thank Lindsaycharlottepezz
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The location of this hotel is brilliant, an easy 20 minute walk to Venice Beach, with decent restaurants nearby. The staff were great, super helpful in planning what to do with my time, and the room was fine, clean, good temperature, great shower. The free breakfast wasn't mind blowing, but with fruit, cereals, toast and croissants, it gave me a good start to the day.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Long Beach, California
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I have to say that I am shocked about any negative reviews on this place. I usually travel to Los Angeles about every other month. This is the only place I ever stay. It's not a 'high end' establishment, but I dont expect that when I'm paying the great prices that I have. It's very convenient to several destinations that I usally visit while in L.A. It's about 9 blocks from Venice Beach, 3 miles from Santa Monica, 5 minutes from Culver City, and about 1/2 hr from West Hollywood. The rooms are spacious. The TV's are flat screen and have basic cable. The maid service is fast and efficient. They also have a free continental breakfast which is basic but definitely fills you up before you head out. There is a Coffee Bean a block away and a Walgreens across the street. Check in is extremely fast and helpful and they are avaliable at the counter 24 hrs. There is not a pool, but a hot tub that is clean but usually empty. The only complaint I would have about the motel is the extremely small parking lot. It's sometimes hard to get in and out. Not a monster problem though. Overall, if your looking for a cheap, clean, convienent place to sleep this is the place! If your looking for something fancier and going to be spending more time in your room, I would recommened forking over some more cash for something fancier.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank venicebeach81
liverpool
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights in september and had no problems with the hotel. We found it clean, comfortable and roomy. The fridge in the room was usefull and it had a bath and a shower. We liked the free breakfast and free parking. We had a hire car so this was a good base, not far away from venice beach. It took a while to get to hollywood etc. but that was moslty the traffic and LA is so spread out. Also has a walgreens supermarket across the street. Would definately recommend the ramada if visiting LA on a budget. We would happily stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Inn at Venice Beach
#9 of 351 in Los Angeles
Jamaica Bay Inn
#3 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Ramada Marina Del Rey? Share your experiences!