“Excellent Customer Service”

Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Reviewed January 4, 2014

You won't be disappointed by the customer service there and in fact, the experience we had was wonderful. We stayed there for the New Year's Eve. As usual, the transportation was so busy at that specific time of the year and we missed our reservation for the cruise at the Hornblower as a matter of fact. We were disappointed and not a clue what we were gonna do. The front desk helped us out and tried to make a contact with Hornblower to see if anything could been done to make up for this. At last, we still managed to spend a great night at a local restaurant recommended by the hotel. and Kenneth, the front office supervisor, also endeavor to get the refund of the cruise back to us. I know it is such a hassle to do this, we really appreciate the effort and thank you for everything you've done. I would recommend to other travelers for the great service the hotel offers.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,161)

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I took my elderly parents to visit friends for my mother's birthday celebration and stayed at this wonderful hotel for our first night in CA before heading to Santa Barbara. It's conveniently located near LAX so we didn't have to deal with the infamous LA traffic jams.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by Drew (my parents waited for me in the car) who was very friendly and made me feel welcomed. He informed me that we had been upgraded to a bungalow away from the busy street, which was unexpected and such a wonderful surprise because we were exhausted after our long flight. The room was beautiful, spacious and very well appointed. Parking was conveniently located under the property ($10 per day).

The next morning, we enjoyed a buffet breakfast at the restaurant. The breakfast wasn't included, but it was a good value at $14.95 per person. You can order eggs any way you like, and the staff was very friendly, particularly our server Jose.

Upon checkout, Kenny (front desk) was so kind and gave my parents a couple of bottles of water when I told him we had a long drive ahead of us. It's little gestures like this that make vacationing so enjoyable!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This Hilton Garden Inn Marina Del Ray is brand new and very nicely done. It has a big family type lobby that looks like a living room complete with a fire place, books shelves and a large flat screen TV. The bedrooms are good size, its clean, and the hotel provides free internet service. My problem was the price. We were charged $309 plus tax per night for a room that should have been priced in the $150 range tops. I resent being overcharged.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Dean W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review...I am encouraged by much of your review, and appreciate you giving such well-rounded feedback.

I completely understand your concerns over the price, as I would feel the same way. We are like all hotels in that our rates do vary - based on the season and the market - and I can say that we are less than some of our direct competitors. We are not the least expensive in the area, either, and that is why we work so hard to try and stay ahead of the rest of the pack in regards to our friendly and helpful staff.

Next time you come to visit, please let me or any of my managers know how we can add value to your experience, so you feel that you have gotten the stay you would want and expect from our hotel and our team.

Again, thank you very much, and we hope to see you in 2014!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Well...Where do I start...When my wife booked the accommodations it mentioned marina views....Yes....If you were a sea gull!! Not close at all.Anyway...We stayed and found the whole experience...Average at best. For the rate they charge,it could have been better.
Not in a great neighborhood,not a place that you would want to take a walk after dark.Bear in mind,these are my impressions...Didn't feel comfortable...No free breakfast,but free Starbucks right by the elevator.

Room Tip: No marina views that I could see.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time out to review us...and I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed.
First, please always ask for mgmt. here when you feel you are not getting what you want for whatever the reason may be. We are happy to offer a different room, for example, if you are not thrilled with the one we have chosen for you (based on availability of course.)

Second, I'm sorry you did not like the neighborhood, that is honestly not something I hear. The surrounding area is extremely safe and we are walking distance to the marina, the beach, lots of restaurants and bars...if you come to visit again, please speak to our front desk and they'll help you find your desired destination!

Again, I'm sorry you did not feel your expectations were met, we hope you give us another try and a chance to change your mind...

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed for one night transiting via LAX. Hotel was close to the airport but not an airport hotel. We were a mile from the beach and had a pleasant walk - the pier was great. The room was well furnished and clean. The lobby is beautiful. Breakfast at the bistro was pleasant. Staff were helpful and nice. Parking was inexpensive at $10 per night. The hotel has better soundproofing than many chain hotels. The courtyard is a bit sterile though a room facing it is probably quieter. Marina del Rey is not as nice as Santa Monica or Manhattan beach.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Dean W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write! Yes, we are definitely not an "airport hotel", but we are 15 minutes away nonetheless...so a very smart getaway from the LAX area!

We sincerely hope you can come visit us when you have more time to stay and enjoy all that the Marina has to offer...we pride ourselves on being Los Angeles' Marina - with all its activities - but also being adjacent to Santa Monica and Venice with more competitive prices!

Thanks again, and hope to see you in 2014!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

One of the best beds I have ever slept on ever wow. Best hotel shower I have ever used. There was a mixup on the reservation and the hotel gladly upgraded us. Staff were very friendly accommodating our requests. Rooms are very stylish and feel like brand new. I recommend this hotel and will stay again, hopefully longer next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Hilton did a nice job converting this old hotel into a HGI. The lobby and restaurant ate consistant with their other urban Garden Inns and both were clean and spacious. The rooms are large, well appointed and comfortable. Mine was a bit noisy because of some construction on the street outside so ask for a room away from Washington Blvd. All in all very pleasant and very reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2013
#6 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Hotel Erwin
Hotel Erwin
#11 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey? Share your experiences!