Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had a great stay at Marina Del Rey! The hotel and room was very modern and clean. Feel that the hotel is in a great location near the beach but still able to travel around LA. Had great experiences with the hotel staff and they were very helpful with providing recommendations.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katie K
Alan H, Regional Director of Operations at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for your great comments and feedback about our new hotel! We are really excited to be in the marina, and hope that you will continue to make the Hilton Garden Inn your hotel of choice when visiting Marina del Rey. We invite you to check our great bungalows and courtyard rooms on your next visit. Some of the units have enclosed and private patios while others have a serene courtyard atmosphere. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

The staff and management of the Hilton Garden Inn - Marina del Rey.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,187)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a newly renovated hotel. (It was the old "International Hotel".) Very good location not far from LAX. They were open 3 wks when I arrived. The staff was very helpful and enthusiastic. One of the waiters went out of his way to get me driving locations for my journey the next day. The lobby, bar and restaurant were attractive. My room faced Washington Blvd. a busy street. When I questioned the possible noise level, the desk clerk informed me their training had been held in that room and when the glass door to the small balcony was closed, the traffic noise could not be heard. The trainees were probably not trying to sleep in that room, at least not intentionally. I could not change rooms as the hotel was booked. I would ask for a courtyard room overlooking the bungalow rooms or in the bungalow are, if possible. That part of the facility is a bit sterile, but they may not be finished and hopefully will add some landscaping, but it would be quieter area. A more problematic situation occurred on the day before checking out after a 4 day stay. The rooms were well taken care of prior to this day. However when I came back late that evening the bed had clearly been haphazardly made, with the bedding just thrown onto the bed. The toilet paper roll had run out that morning and while I had tried to replace it with the spare, I could not get the holder off, so left it, believing the housekeeper would replace it. That was not the case. The notepad I had used up was not replaced. There was a fresh towel to replace the one I left on the floor as requested, but no bathmat replacement. This indicated there was some service to the room, but inadequate. I went to the desk about checkout procedures and mentioned the room maintenance issue. I had taken a photo to show them and they were apologetic and offered to send someone to fix the room but I declined as the hour was late and I had an early plane to catch. Lastly, if you use the "fast check out" where you accept the charges on the bill put under your door by pushing the special key on the phone, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR KEY/CARD IN THE ROOM as the bottom of the bill suggests! The elevators work only by using the key/card. If you are on an upper floor and want to go to the lobby or the garage, you will need your key/card to use the elevator. If you leave your key/card in the room you will be locked out of your room and have to call for help or drag your luggage down the stairs! The garage ($10 a night) was very accessible but felt isolated. I never saw any security personnel, nor were any security cameras in evidence. It was a bit spooky, particularly coming in from a late flight or leaving early morning. I was extremely impressed and very pleased with having a small microwave in the room. I am a tea drinker and the coffee makers often included in hotel rooms are plastic and hold the coffee odor. Water heated for tea in these machines tastes like “coffee flavored tea” and is undrinkable. Having a way to heat water in ceramic mugs provided in the room, was very much appreciated. There was also a mini fridge, another plus. I would recommend this hotel, I think with some of the kinks worked out it will be a good addition to the area. There is also something called the Hilton Garden Inn guarantee. I learned of this later after I left. Not sure what it offers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Enjoy my one night stay as the last time stayed at Hotel, was not part of Hilton Family. The change was very evident in décor, services and overall atmosphere. I enjoyed the status of being a Diamond member. I enjoyed the use of free wireless Hi-speed internet which was "really" Hi-speed. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. When we checked out, we lost our vehicle key. They allowed us to stay in the lobby, put our luggage in storage while we waited. The cleaning staff was able to find key even though we turned the room upside down in trying to find it. The staff really took care of us.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel has been totally refaced. So in all it was nice and clean. The staff was pleasant. You are spread out and the place has almost zero views of the marina. For the price we could have stayed at a high rise with great views. The parking is right below your room under building which is plus.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

nice new hotel, worth staying, most staff were great but when I realized i had left my toothpaste at home I went to hte front desk to see if they had one of those small blister packets. The woman said nope but told me they could sell me for 3 dollars a tube from their shop..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family and I just stayed here for the 4th of July and it was excellent. The hotel is sparkling with hip rooms, great and friendly staff, fun pool and right in the middle of the Marina Del Rey and Venice action. The decor in the lobby and the rooms was obviously created by a very talented interior designer that makes one feels as though they are staying in South Beach, Miami. Its very inviting and warm, with great taste and themes centered on the California beach lifestyle. The hotel is only about 4 blocks from the beach and just across the street from the very popular family beach called Mother's Beach. The lobby sports great, complimentary coffee and tea all day, while the excellent restaurant serves up a wonderful variety of choices for both adults and children. Craft beer, fine wine and full bar is avail, and the morning brunch bar is one of the best I've had. We can't wait to return to this great find..with or without the kids, as it has a great vibe all the way around. Business travelers will enjoy this serene and tasteful environment that's only 15 mins from LAX.

Room Tip: Grab a suite! They are little cottages. Bike rentals two blocks away.
1  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Wow...i went to the HIlton Garden with my husband and 2 kids on July 4th and i was extremely impressed. The entire staff (from the front desk to the maids) were all incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel decor was beautiful and the rooms were clean. We loved being able to walk to the beach to watch the fireworks as well as the restaurants and shops on Washington Blvd. Just when we couldn't be more pleased, we had a delicious breakfast at the buffet. We will definitely be back for more!

1  Thank Abby g
Marina Del Rey Hotel
#1 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Marina del Rey Marriott
#7 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey? Share your experiences!