WINNER WONDERLAND

“Bottom Line THE BEST in area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jamaica Bay Inn

Jamaica Bay Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
“Bottom Line THE BEST in area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

I stayed here for 6 nights in the beginning of February 2011 and I have never left a hotel with the feeling that I made the best decision and would never stay anywhere but there when I come back until after i stayed at the Jamaica Bay Inn. This hotel is the only hotel with a 12 yard walk to the sand in the marina and has rooms with balconies overlooking the marina which have chairs and a decent size table to set drinks, wet clothes, etc on them. And everything in the hotel and rooms is BRAND SPANKING NEW including the hotel itself. Used to be a best western but recently changed ownership and remodeled existing structure and added the "tower". The restaurant is awesome mainly bc outside seating with views to die for- which your rooms have the same views so u it's a win win. Pool and hot tub area overlook marina and my room was the farthest room away from that area and with elevator and all it only took like 2 minutes to get there. Staff is super cool and I had some issues with room service but they addressed them in a professional manor and I was super impressed.

• Stayed February 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

I wanted to mention that Courtney took care of everything in a very prompt and professional manner. My stay was relaxing and fun. Employees like her are an asset to the company she works for.

• Stayed January 2011
The Colony, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2011

This is a wonderful, clean, beautiful hotel, with excellent views. After intially booking and staying one night at another hotel (Marina Del Ray Hotel), we were completely dissapointed. Fortunately we called Jamaica Bay Inn, explained our situation and they had us in a beautiful room by 8:00am...they even gave us a $10.00 per night discount! I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and it's staff. I will never stay anywhere else. Thank you so much!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, 5 days. The staff was helpful and very friendly. The hotel was in tip top shape, everything is new! The rooms were very spacious and the bathroom was good size. Shower could fit two! We did not rent a car, instead we walked to the beach (about 15 minutes) - Venice Beach Fishing Pier, rented bikes at the hotel, which I would highly recommend. The restaurant at the hotel was great, but a bit pricey to eat at all the time. The Cheesecake Factory is just a short walk from this hotel. We also walked and ate at Tony P's another 10 minute walk. Back at the hotel, we met up with friends and took advantage of the nice outdoor furniture/patio area. The beach area was clean, has play equipment for the kids and a great walking path around the marina. We did the Hollywood tour which the bus picked us up at the hotel. We arranged for a driver to take us back to the airport through the front desk and it was waiting for us on the day of departure. We were able to take advantage of the Grand Opening rate, which fit into our budget. We would come back again! Had a great time.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

I was actually staying across the street at the Marriott and saw the Jamaica Bay Inn which was located on the beach side of the street so I researched the property. The Jamaica Bay Inn had great reviews from Tripadviser sooooo I called to inquired about availability. I spoke to Richard who was very pleasant, knowledgeable, and accommodating (promote that man). We worked out a deal and I came over. I must say I was impressed. From the time we pulled up to the time we left, the stay was uneventful which is what I prefer. The room we were given was very nice with all the usual amenities (including free wireless) overlooking the Marina, I must say it was beautiful. Every staff member I came in contact with was top shelf, even valet guys even kept my car up front, definitely a plus.....thanks guys. I was so pleased with my overall experience there is no question I will be back. No complaints. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

Our selection of Jamaica Bay Inn (JBI) was a radom one to be honest, but boy o boy were we most please with our choice.

We were in California for a wedding which took place in San Diego but wanted to stay in a nice LA location not too far from attractions (venice beach, santa monica, hollywood are all near by car ). We were aware that the JBI had undergone a recent refurb ( saw photos from pre 2009 ) and when we arrived the transformation was AMAZING - From the lobby to the rooms(so much space), to the new restaraunt JBI deserves top marks.

The staff were the friendliest hotel staff my wife and i have ever encountered, truly welcoming and warm.

The views across the marina are so amazing (sunrise = wow), must be seen to be appreciated.

The cusine from the VU restaruant was truly sumptuos - compliments to the chef ( pork belly was great!!!)

Overall JBI is a TOP TOP hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our week stay...... we will be back :)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Laguna Niguel, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

This property is in a spectacular location and has beautiful amenities but it is the service that will blow you away! I would like to keep this gem of a place a secret but the staff should be rewarded for their efforts so I will share what we experienced. We were greeted by Richard who actually walked us to our room to be sure we were satisfied with the location. He glowed when he talked about the property and his experience working there. So nice to see employees who are actually happy and not complaining about their job. That afternoon as I stepped out of the room to look for ice, a nearby maintenance worker came over immediately and said he would get the ice for me. Another maintenance employee offered to get us directions to a nearby ice cream shop and bring them back to our room. One employee after another jumped in to take care of our needs from the staff at the restaurant to the young girl at the front desk who recommended a fabulous restaurant just perfect for us. In all my years of travel I've never experienced such excellent service. I wish the hotel and its staff years of success! Hope to visit again real soon.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
#12 of 347 in Los Angeles
Marina del Rey Marriott
#6 of 11 in Marina del Rey
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,011 reviews

Been to Jamaica Bay Inn? Share your experiences!