“WONDERFUL hotel and staff, will stay here each time :o)”
Review of Jamaica Bay Inn

Jamaica Bay Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Reviewed February 11, 2011

This is a wonderful, clean, beautiful hotel, with excellent views. After intially booking and staying one night at another hotel (Marina Del Ray Hotel), we were completely dissapointed. Fortunately we called Jamaica Bay Inn, explained our situation and they had us in a beautiful room by 8:00am...they even gave us a $10.00 per night discount! I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and it's staff. I will never stay anywhere else. Thank you so much!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed February 10, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, 5 days. The staff was helpful and very friendly. The hotel was in tip top shape, everything is new! The rooms were very spacious and the bathroom was good size. Shower could fit two! We did not rent a car, instead we walked to the beach (about 15 minutes) - Venice Beach Fishing Pier, rented bikes at the hotel, which I would highly recommend. The restaurant at the hotel was great, but a bit pricey to eat at all the time. The Cheesecake Factory is just a short walk from this hotel. We also walked and ate at Tony P's another 10 minute walk. Back at the hotel, we met up with friends and took advantage of the nice outdoor furniture/patio area. The beach area was clean, has play equipment for the kids and a great walking path around the marina. We did the Hollywood tour which the bus picked us up at the hotel. We arranged for a driver to take us back to the airport through the front desk and it was waiting for us on the day of departure. We were able to take advantage of the Grand Opening rate, which fit into our budget. We would come back again! Had a great time.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I was actually staying across the street at the Marriott and saw the Jamaica Bay Inn which was located on the beach side of the street so I researched the property. The Jamaica Bay Inn had great reviews from Tripadviser sooooo I called to inquired about availability. I spoke to Richard who was very pleasant, knowledgeable, and accommodating (promote that man). We worked out a deal and I came over. I must say I was impressed. From the time we pulled up to the time we left, the stay was uneventful which is what I prefer. The room we were given was very nice with all the usual amenities (including free wireless) overlooking the Marina, I must say it was beautiful. Every staff member I came in contact with was top shelf, even valet guys even kept my car up front, definitely a plus.....thanks guys. I was so pleased with my overall experience there is no question I will be back. No complaints. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Our selection of Jamaica Bay Inn (JBI) was a radom one to be honest, but boy o boy were we most please with our choice.

We were in California for a wedding which took place in San Diego but wanted to stay in a nice LA location not too far from attractions (venice beach, santa monica, hollywood are all near by car ). We were aware that the JBI had undergone a recent refurb ( saw photos from pre 2009 ) and when we arrived the transformation was AMAZING - From the lobby to the rooms(so much space), to the new restaraunt JBI deserves top marks.

The staff were the friendliest hotel staff my wife and i have ever encountered, truly welcoming and warm.

The views across the marina are so amazing (sunrise = wow), must be seen to be appreciated.

The cusine from the VU restaruant was truly sumptuos - compliments to the chef ( pork belly was great!!!)

Overall JBI is a TOP TOP hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our week stay...... we will be back :)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2011

This property is in a spectacular location and has beautiful amenities but it is the service that will blow you away! I would like to keep this gem of a place a secret but the staff should be rewarded for their efforts so I will share what we experienced. We were greeted by Richard who actually walked us to our room to be sure we were satisfied with the location. He glowed when he talked about the property and his experience working there. So nice to see employees who are actually happy and not complaining about their job. That afternoon as I stepped out of the room to look for ice, a nearby maintenance worker came over immediately and said he would get the ice for me. Another maintenance employee offered to get us directions to a nearby ice cream shop and bring them back to our room. One employee after another jumped in to take care of our needs from the staff at the restaurant to the young girl at the front desk who recommended a fabulous restaurant just perfect for us. In all my years of travel I've never experienced such excellent service. I wish the hotel and its staff years of success! Hope to visit again real soon.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2011

The secret won't last long so plan to stay here as soon as you can! Our room was ready early, the locaton is superb - we found the onsite restaurant to be wonderful but there are also lots of terrific options nearby - travelling w/a teenager we were happy that we could walk to the Cheesecake factory and Coldstone iceream was just around the corner. The decor is fresh, warm trendy and contemporary - makes you feel like you wish your home was decorated the same way! The colors, materials on the bedding, the high ceilings, the bathroom was top of the line - all glass showers - beds were better than the night before at the hyatt! I could not have been happier to have stayed here and wished our trip was longer so we could have returned for another night. The front desk (Courtney) was wonderful and more than happy to assist us. The pool was beautiful and clean - our visit in January was warm! We enjoyed the jacuzzi late until 10pm and it was just what we needed after a long day of being tourists on our feet! Free water in the room, free wifi and a refrig. was just what we needed! There was a fee for parking but it included valet so that was a bonus. We even had some reality celebrities staying at the same time which was not intrusive, they were wonderful and friendly and it kind of made us feel certain that if they choose to stay here then we must have made a good choice !~ Almost forgot to mention the outdoor fire pit tables - nice and the business center with printers! Please don't hesitate - this is much better than a huge chain hotel! Again, I hate to let the secret out for fear that it will be booked the next time I want to stay there! Enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I do not normally write reviews, however, this is my second time returning to The Jamaica Bay Inn since it opened. I was greeted again by Kenneth who remembered me from my last visit immediately. I was quickly checked in, handed keys and on my way to relaxing in a great "tower" room overlooking the bay. Contrary to everything still smelling and looking brand new and sterile, the clientele and staff are extremely warm and receptive. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing time by the water during their travels... the outdoor hot tub and view doesn't hurt either!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
#7 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Inn at Venice Beach
Inn at Venice Beach
#8 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Jamaica Bay Inn? Share your experiences!