“Visiting family / holiday”
Review of Jamaica Bay Inn

Jamaica Bay Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 11 night visit to this hotel. We arrived with doubts that it would not
live up to a previous hotel in the area that we always stay in, but we couldn't this time because it
was being refurbished. We were made very welcome and everybody was so happy and helpful, including one of the car parking valets who spent ages with me on the first night when I lost my husband! I did find him! We had only booked for the first 4 nights and the last 3 at this hotel, but
all the staff from the top to the cleaners were so nice that we stayed the whole time. Edmund and
Felipe in reception particularly merit a mention as they did us such a good deal on a lovely ocean
view room, we couldn't refuse!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
shighland, General Manager at Jamaica Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Sybil Russell S,

Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that your experience at Jamica Bay Inn was an excellent one. Thank you so much for mentioning Felipe and Edmund. Those gentlemen ( as well as the rest of the staff) work so hard to provide the warmest most genuine service around. I know your recognition will mean the world to them. We all look forward to seeing you again very soon!

All the best,

There are newer reviews for Jamaica Bay Inn

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Lovely property, clean and spacious room, good restaurant and exceptional staff.

I was especially impressed with Edmond at the front desk. I waited in the lobby each morning for my son for our daily walk. The first day I left my jacket on a chair and when I returned Edmond returned it to me. On the other days I noticed how superb his customer service was both in person and on the phone, I don't think he knew I was evesdropping. I'd hire him. He was the best I've observed in a long while.

Room Tip: Chose the marina view with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Bertie2020,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize Edmund! He is a great example of how hard we all strive to provide the best possible experience in LA. It means the world to us when our guests share thier kudos with the world here on Trip Advisor!

Warmly,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed for five nights at the Jamaica Bay Inn recently, joining other family there. We had an excellent experience there. The beds were comfortable and rooms nicely appointed. We had rooms with a view to the marina, and the view was lovely. The only thing I found difficult was that there was a musty smell in the room. However, once inside for a brief period, this was not noticeable. My sister and her family also had a room down the hall, and they kept their air conditioning on, so did not experience this problem. The pool area was very pleasant, with anice view of the beach. We ate at the hotel restaurant a number of times, and the food was excellent. We would definitely recommend this hotel for a relaxing, hospitable environment.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I did not stay as a guest at this hotel but went for brunch with friends on a Sunday morning around 11 a.m. We had planned to eat next door at Killer Cafe but the wait was like 25 minutes so we went to Jamaica Bay instead and I'm glad we did! There was no wait at all (which is very rare for brunch on a weekend in L.A.) We sat outside on the patio overlooking the beach. They had a smaller menu then Killer Cafe but still it was hard to choose because there were several things that sounded AMAZING! Like vanilla butterscotch cream on your french toast... I got blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup, coffee and mimosa's, perfect. Would definitely brunch here again next time I find myself in MDR on the weekend. Staff was polite, service was good, hotel lobby and bathrooms were spotless and they have valet parking.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Annabel80,

Thanks for sharing your brunch experience! We think that when you combine Chef Allyson's food with our heated outdoor patio overlooking the beach and marina...you've got an unbeatable brunch spot! The bottomless mimosas and bloody mary's don't hurt either! Others reading might find it good to know that we do brunch every day - not just weeknds. We hope to see you again soon!

Best,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Was invited to a small conference in LA and the moderators suggested the Jamaica Bay Inn. I was not looking forward to going to LA or just leaving LAX to get a ride to a hotel for my stay but all went well and I was surprised and delighted by how easy it was to get a taxi direct to the hotel (only 15 minutes) and what a nice retreat style property the Jamaica Bay Inn was. It's tucked away with a small patch of beach with the marina right out the door - our room was clean and comfortable and the bar and onsite restaurant rockin. Check in was easy and everyone we spoke with at the property was kind and service oriented. We ate at the restaurant twice and the food was great. The hotel itself is perfect for those that need to be in the LAX scene but dont want the LAX hype and need to be out and about quickly but just dont want to stay at a huge impersonal chain style hotel. This is small and manageable in a nice area with several good restaurants nearby and very close to Venice!
Try it - you will like it!

Room Tip: ask for marina view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights whilst on Holiday in LA as it was relatively close to family living in MdR. It is in a great location, right on the beach of one of the marina inlets and must be one of the best hotels in the area. Room (marina view) had a small balcony where one could sit and look at the view - the room was large and comfortable.
The restaurant served good breakfast - we did not eat there in the evening, so cannot judge the Dinner menu. A few minutes walk away to a liquor store/small supermarket and restaurants (Killer shrimp and Cheesecake factory to mention two). Can also walk from the hotel to the canals area and to the lively seafront of Venice Beach.
We were a little annoyed at the expense for car parking ($16 self-park at the far end of the car park and $24 for the nearer Valet parking), especially considering that the hotel rooms are not the cheapest. More modest hotels in the same area provide free parking.

Room Tip: Marina view room obviously provides nice view, otherwise you look out on a car park and main road.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We choose this hotel as it was not too far from LAX airport, reasonably close to the beach / Santa Monica. The hotel room we were allocated was large & comfortable. The Sports bar offered a snack menu and a happy hour. The restaurant was available for a full meal if required. The staff were great and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
#8 of 352 in Los Angeles
Hotel Erwin
Hotel Erwin
#11 of 352 in Los Angeles

Been to Jamaica Bay Inn? Share your experiences!