Marina Del Rey Hotel(Marina del Rey)
$309
$309
GardenInn.com
$228
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
The Kinney(Marina del Rey)
$260
Hotels.com
$369
  • Restaurant
Marina del Rey Marriott(Marina del Rey)
$279
  • Restaurant
Jolly Roger Hotel(Marina del Rey)
$208
$202
Foghorn Harbor Inn Hotel(Marina del Rey)
$289
Ramada by Wyndham Marina Del Rey(Marina del Rey)(Great Value!)
$220
$207
1,383 results
All reviewsbeachside restaurantsanta monicavenice beachmarina viewself parkthe cheesecake factoryhappy hourmothers beachhotel restaurantparking lotgreat restaurantnice locationkiller shrimpla arealos angelesvalet parkingbalcony
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was expecting amazing things from the #1 rated hotel in Marina del Rey.

Positives:
large rooms
great location
clean and attractive

Negatives:
disinterested front desk staff
expensive

We stayed two nights, and chose the hotel based on the Tripadvisor rating. We had two rooms, both with a marina view, one (407) which had a nice balcony. We would have liked the rooms a bit closer to each, or at least in the same building. I'm not sure why that didn't happen.

The breakfast was good, on the pricey side. The service was slow, and many mistakes were made before the order was correct.

The location was great -- easy to get to, close to things we wanted to do, with a nice jogging trail right on the water. They also had stand-up paddle boarding lessons right there in the marina, but you need to reserve in advance; if they don't get enough advance reservations they won't go out that day.

We left something in the room, and the staff seem unconcerned, and never located the item, even though we called and came by the day after we checked out.

It was a fairly expensive hotel, and costs added up (expensive breakfast, they even charge for the small water bottles in the rooms), so we only booked two nights here, and stayed at a less expensive hotel for the rest of our visit, which we ended up liking more.

I wouldn't stay here again. It wasn't terrible, just felt kind of cold and unwelcoming, and there are better, less-expensive places to stay in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony with a view of the Marina.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was lovely little hotel with a gorgeous view of the Marina. While I had little time to spend in my room or enjoying facilities, I could easily see myself returning when I have more time to do so. The beds are very comfortable, the staff incredibly delightful, and the terrace overlooking the beach was a real treat to unwind on before bed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JenniferP10
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This message goes out to all the staff persons at Jamaica Bay Inn.In particular, I'd like to thank Ramon Hernandez of Housekeeping Dept. for returning a pair of running shoes to me that I left at JBI during our recent stay.The shoes were saved in the lost and found and then returned to me promptly upon my request via Fed Ex.
Ramon and all the staff at JBI made our stay very enjoyable.They are genuinely focused on their guests.
I would highly recommend JBI to everyone.
Thanks again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ricke342
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Jamaica Bay Inn for three nights. Right off the bat, I noticed that the staff was a bit standoffish. But when our room safe reset it self, they did send maintenance up quickly, so no complaints.

The rooms are of average size, and we enjoyed our balcony that faced the marina. The grounds are beautiful--well maintained and well landscaped. The only facility we used was the pool, and even though the weather was in the upper 60s and no one was really at the pool, towels ran out quickly. I did not use the gym but my husband also mentioned that it only contained three exercist machines.

Parking at the Inn is expensive--I believe we paid either $14 or $16 per night to self-park, which there really was no rhyme or reason to as there were plenty of spots in the lot.

All in all, I enjoyed our stay at the Inn. We really enjoyed the proximity of the Inn to Venice Beach, Santa Monica, and Lost Angeles, as well as the convenience of all of the shopping and food options in the area. But if I went back, I may have to research cheaper options in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank prgirl73
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The waterside grill and Jamaica Bay Inn really have the best location on the water. Literally steps to the water and with the best seaside dining in LA. What a beautiful place. The rooms are really nicely upgraded and I was impressed they even offered q-tips and cotton balls which make a huge difference in my book. Thank you for doing such a wonderful job with your renovation. The gym and business center also came in very handy while I visited.

Room Tip: Ask for Marina side. I had the city side and their noise control is amazing. Didn't hear anything once the sliding door closed!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo