“Perfect place to stay close to LAX”
Review of Jamaica Bay Inn

Jamaica Bay Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Warm and welcoming staff from the moment we arrived, very helpful too. The room was great, clean, modern and spacious (great black out curtains meant we all got a great nights sleep despite the time difference). Good restaurant attached too, with a nice selection of food to choose from. The marina itself was lovely, clean beach and perfect for walking along for weary travellers and young children. Short distance to a good restaurant with a playground situated outside too. A short walk (20 mins) to Venice Beach although this seems to be something the locals don't do much of (walking that is!). Overall this worked really well for our family travelling to London from New Zealand and would definitely stay again and have already recommended it to our friends.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Zogglet
Write a ReviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Jamaica Bay inn is a hidden gem right on the marina and close to Venice Beach. I have stayed twice and it's now my hotel of choice in the area. Get a marina view room it's worth the extra cost. Rooms are spacious and have balconies, maid service is slow but room service is very quick. Nice bar that attracts a few locals, food is excellent, not what you would expect from a hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for marina view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bfriedman68
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Beautiful room with fireplace. Very quiet, well built hotel on the water. Beautiful views out the restaurant windows of the lagoon. Had a problem with getting coffee in the morning. I went downstairs and waiter wanted my coupon or he said he would charge me $5 for coffee. I said I would bring coupon down in an hour when I came down for breakfast and he said he wanted me to bring it down "right now". I just ignored him and nothing happened but it made me feel uncomfortable. Other than that the stay was great!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed for a week at the hotel and had a great time. Whilst its a bit out of the way if you dont have a car its an easy walk to Santa Monica pier (I usually did it in about 50 mins) along the beach. Its quiet and clean and the rooms are spacious. The staff at reception were really helpful and always had good ideas of things to do. I'd stay here again

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Jamaica Bay has evolved from a beachy motel to a lovely welcoming resort. Located on Mothers' beach, it is a short walk to Yacht Clubs, restaurants, and the quirky Venice Beach. Not a 5 star resort, but personal and comfortable with accommodating staff and clean, well appointed rooms. Great for the business traveler too with easy in and out parking and a friendly restaurant with waterfront/poolside seating and a great happy hour too. Just booked several rooms for folks attending a meeting in MDR. Great rates and everyone was happy too. Very gracious about early and late checkin...not like the big fancy hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view corner
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I chose this hotel based on price, it was about $25 less than the Marriott across the street. It was very new, clean, with all the latest amenities and when I checked in I recieved a complimentary upgrade to water view. My only regret was that I did not have more time to spend here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank VintageStyle
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I picked this hotel based on other reviews in Trip Advisor and I could not have been more happier.
The staff are extremely helpful (upon arrival after very long flight from Melbourne, we were given a room straight away even tho we were early..) and very courteous and a pleasure to deal with. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean.Location was superb and within easy walking distance of Venice beach and a only a short bike ride to Santa Monica. I would have absolutely no hesitation in returning to this hotel again and I urge others to try it also. Well done Jamaica Bay Inn !!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
#9 of 355 in Los Angeles
Hotel Erwin
Hotel Erwin
#11 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Jamaica Bay Inn? Share your experiences!