“Perfect end to our amazing holiday!...”
Review of Jamaica Bay Inn

Jamaica Bay Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Just got back to London last week after an amazing trip to Las Vegas and Los Angeles. My girlfriend and I made a decision to extend our stay in LA and were lucky enough to get the last room available at Jamaica Bay Inn. Excellent service, food and location, couldn't fault it at all. The view of the marina from our bedroom was breathtaking. On the second day we met Richard (assistant GM) who was also from the UK and made sure we were well looked after. Thanks Richard! The hotel is just minutes away from Venice beach and has the Cheesecake factory around the corner... Happy days!!! On the last day we decided to have lunch at the Cheesecake factory and bumped into the NBA legend Kareem Abdul Jabbar! So if you're up for some friendly service, beautiful views and a bit of celeb spotting Jamaica Bay Inn is our recommendation!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The rooms were nice, but ours was supposed to be a "Marina" view. We could in fact see the water but it was not a direct water view, sort of off to the side. Also our room was directly over the restaurant which has a lovely outdoor seating area. Nice if you're in the restaurant but not good when you want to sit on the balcony of your room. There was a memorial service bruch going on beneath us and we felt like we were intruding on the privacy of the people in the restaurant. We ended up NOT sitting on the balcony and going inside. The night before the memorial service was a wedding reception, so our quiet "marina" view turned into hiding out in our room instead. The new decor is lovely but not sure I would stay here again unless I got a REALLY great price for the room.

Room Tip: Rooms over pool are quieter but get one on second floor for a better view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We recently stayed 4 nights at Jamaica Bay Inn. It was a great choice. Looks like all the rooms wee just recently redone. Our room, 455, had a great view of the little beach and was extremely clean. The staff was very friendly at check in and helpful about the area. One night we ate at the restaurant and the food and service were excellent. Walking along the Canals we met a couple who has a house on the canal. We send them to the restaurant and they were equally impressed by the food. The have lived in the area for many years and never been to the hotel. I can highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 4th floor room was very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Loved this hotel - right on the water with a beach that you can stroll. It was a very good value for the price we paid.Our room looked right out over the water and had a nice sized patio with two chairs and a little table. Very good restaurant where you can also sit outside (they have heaters) and very good food and a decent wine list. Staff was always really friendly and helpful. Very easy to park there. My only gripe was the bathroom. We had the handicapped room - #113. There was no robe hook in the bathroom or the door where you could hang your robe or pajamas. I just had to lay them across the toilet or on the floor. Severe omission there. Plus we had to run the shower for a full 20 minutes in the morning (no exaggeration) before the water got hot. We did tell them about it and they were very nice and said they would fix it but water they did - it didn't help. Very little counter space in the bathroom. They had plenty of space to use but only had what was slightly bigger than a pedestal sink. There just wasn't enough room for all our toiletries. And the lighting was worthless for a woman to put on makeup. I wish they would use women consultants when these hotels design their bathrooms. Plus there was no makeup mirror.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cascio
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was our second visit to the Jamaica Bay, we holidayed here in 2011. We've just completed a 3 week tour of the West Coast, we stayed at a lot of different hotels and the Jamaica Bay was an absolute stand out. The main point of difference has to be the location, the hotel, only 15 minute drive from LAX is open and airy and looks out onto the Marina bay. This beachside feel contributes to a real feeling of relaxation, I enjoyed the best sleep of our vacation during our stay. The breakfast was another highlight both the selection and the quality of the food was great. I have previously recommended this property and remain a great fan, encouraging anyone visiting LA who wants to be beachside and adjacent to all the coluour and vibe of Santa Monica and Venice Beach to give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a marina bay view room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Iluvtheoutdawz
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place is a hidden gem!!

My family and I have been to this establishment many times in the last couple months and seem to bring any out of town guests here to show it off whenever we can. I recently got engaged and in the process of trying to find a venue, came across this hotel in Marina Del Rey. My fiancé and I were looking for a resort getaway feel for our wedding weekend without the extreme cost and this hotel hits the mark perfectly. The staff is extremely accommodating and immediately available to answer any question we had. Upon arriving that first day just to look around the hotel grounds, I did not have an appointment, but a quick call to the event coordinator, Rebecca, and she was available on the spot to answer any of my questions and provide me with a events packet full of information. She gave me her email address and has been quick to respond to any of my emails. She is very professional unlike other hotel/venue coordinators that I have come across who don't even respond to my inquiries. As a future bride that is a very important aspect to look for when planning your wedding. The Assistant General Manager, Richard, even provided us with a personal tour of the grounds and hotel rooms to help us invasion our big day being held there. He was the best tour guide! During the tour, we were blown away by the quality of the hotel rooms and the marina ocean views they provide (the majority of the rooms seem to have a great view). The rooms were clean and well decorated like something out of a posh magazine. We are very excited to celebrate our big day there.

Now on to the restaurant. Like I said, this place is a hidden gem! We have popped in many times randomly and the food and service has always been exceptional. Finding a restaurant with a great happy hour and tropical resort feel in LA is a rare find. Sitting on their outside patio overlooking the beach with a cocktail in hand really transports you to a difference place. The crab cakes are to die for and truffle fries are something special. We have had dinner there as well and we were very pleased with the caliber of food and service. How did we never know about this before?! I brag about the food whenever I can and now have coworkers that frequent there because of my recommendations.

Overall, my family and I love this hotel and restaurant and would recommend it to anyone. We can not wait to celebrate our big day with Jamaica Bay Inn.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view, there are many to choose from. And afterwards, enjoy their happy hour. It is...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was so impressed with this place ! Everything was updated and clean and the people were very friendly and helpful. The price at both the hotel snd restaurant were very reasonable for the excellent quality. GREAT food!

• Stayed: October 2012
#9 of 355 in Los Angeles
Hotel Erwin
Hotel Erwin
#11 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Jamaica Bay Inn? Share your experiences!