“Couldn't ask for more”

Jamaica Bay Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
“Couldn't ask for more”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Good service not to mention the trinity desk they help me to the fullness......they met my expectations...

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Turkish first
schererville
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Very nice hotel in a great central location. Hotel was clean and room (2 doubles) was large enough for 4 adults and 1 small child. Bed was very comfy. Marina beach had lots to do, stand up paddle board rentals, kayaks...Heated pool was warm enough, small hot tub. Highly recommend this hotel, already planning our return!!!!!!

Room Tip: Marina view was very nice
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank katiekatie
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here for one night Oct 21st with our toddler. The room was a double queen with a small balcony to enjoy the view of the great location by the beach with the city lights. Room was like new and very nicely styled with moderm elements. There was a gorgeous orange glass base lamp in our room. No tub but a large luxurious shower. Only issues were a loud private party taking place on the property which lessened our enjoyment of the balcony (no noise inside) and the meal provided by room service included elements that appeared to have sat out a while and been rewarmed. (Pasta for the lobster pasta dish was all stuck together and dried out.) The taste was still excellent, however. We had some difficulty actually placing the room service order, but perhaps this is attributable to the chaos of catoring the private function at the same time, and not a normal circumstance. We tried the pool and hot tub - they weren't suitabley heated for the October temperatures but I personally enjoy a cooler temperature when swimming. Probably too cool for most. As we were only there for one evening and a quick dip we didn't ask the staff about increasing the temperature. The weather had just turned cool before we arrived so they may have not adjusted yet.
Generally a good experience and reasonably priced through expedia. We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 29, 2011

As other reviews have stated, this is, without question, one of the most helpful and attentive staffs I have ever experienced at a hotel. I've stayed at a number of luxurious hotels, both chains and boutiques, across the Western world; Jamaica Bay Inn is now one of my favorites. The desk clerk, Jarrod, accomdated my early arrival with a full list of the available rooms facing the beach and marina, letting me choose which sounded best. The staff's aid in restaurant choices and activities in the area was informative, yet not overkill where I found myself getting bored and wishing I just explored on my own. Another thing that I have never experienced anywhere is a consistent, polite, and welcoming greeting from every hotel employee that I encountered during my stay. It didn't matter what time it was or where I was, I was greeted with a smile and a "hello" or "how are you?".

The room was very clean and well maintained. It is obviously an older building, gone through renovation, but without looking for it, you would never know. Everything was modernized and stylish and chic. The air conditioning fan in my room was a little noisy, but I didn't notice after about thirty minutes with it. The in-house restaurant, VU, is a fantastic tapas-styled eatery. It can get a little pricey if you're not careful, though, so keep an eye out. My recommendations are the grilled cheese appetizer plate and their carmelized onion/cranberry bison burger. I'm a generic burger kinda guy, but this was magical.

I will pass up the Ritz again to stay at Jamaica Bay if I return to Marina Del Ray. No contest at all.

Room Tip: Get a marinia/ beach view on an upper floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Lakewood
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Our stay was for our 30th wedding anniversary, I noted the hotel on a tv show and decided to stay there since it was on the beach. It actually was on the marina side. The hotel was clean, quiet and the staff was exceptional. They brought into our room while we were at dinner a tray with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for our celebration. I would recommend this hotel and stay there again. Thanks Jamaica Bay Inn for making our celebration that much more special.

David and Denise Ahle

Room Tip: get the marina side. better view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Most helpful staff I have met at a hotel for a long time, so I was jazzed up when I got my room keys, especially as the lobby is really nice - however, it was mostly downhil from there. Room lacked sufficient lighting (no overheads, couldn't read safe instructions). Coffee maker provided one tiny milk - why nickel and dime? Jacuzzi was cold, so unusable as temps were only in the 60s. VU restaurant prepares food to look at not eat, i.e. tiny portions done artisticly. Sorry - I like to eat food! Finally, and this can't be helped by the hotel, unless you are here for business, as I was, why would anyone want to be within smelling distance of the tattoo, piecing and bong shops which make up the Venice Beach Boardwalk?

Good point was business center with TWO computers and printers, so no problem printing off boarding pass!

Room Tip: Pool side, not street side.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We had a really lovely stay at this fantastic hotel. We stayed 3 nights on our trip down H1 and used this as a base to visit Santa Monica/Venice Beach and all the Hollywood&LA sights. We had a really warm and friendly welcome to the hotel. We arrived early and our room was not ready so they offered us a different room we could have immediately - the receptionist took us to the room to see if it was OK.....it was perfect!! A lovely comfy bed in a huge big room with a balcony. Fantastic bathroom witha really good shower, The hotel is very modern with very good quality fittings used throughout the hotel. I loved the 3 fresh pineapples used as decor on the reception desk!! There is an outdoor pool and hot-tub set in lovely gardens - nice and relaxing after sight-seeing all day. My only complaint was we chose the package inc breakfast and you do not get a choice - they bring pancakes/bacon/maple syrup/little potatoes - it was lovely but I feel you should be allowed a choice from the main menu. Yes you pay for parking unless it is inc in your package but we found all hotels on our trip charge for parking and this is one of the cheapest!! I would hightly recommend staying here - great location and with a car you can get to anywhere quickly. Well done JBI!!

Room Tip: it is worth paying for a bay/marina view - it is really lovely!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Inn at Venice Beach
#9 of 351 in Los Angeles
Marina del Rey Marriott
#7 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Jamaica Bay Inn? Share your experiences!