My wife and I stayed four nights for a long weekend getaway. The sad truth is that if you want to stay in a decent place near the water in LA, you are going to pay a lot! However, this hotel provided a terrific location and ambience for a fair price. For an avg. nightly price of $262 we had a room facing the water. It came with free wireless internet and coffee, with a patio overlooking the Marina del Rey beach and the hotel pool. The room was well-appointed and cared for. The pool area was very nice. The beach was right there. The restaurant and bar (Vu) was also al lot of fun, with compliments to the bartender!
The hotel is a two minute walk from a beachside Cheesecake Factory, and a ten minute walk from Venice Beach. There is also easy access to the Marina Freeway which quickly connects to the 405.
Our four days were very pleasant. Given the amenities, price, location and service, we would highly recommend this hotel. (Some complain about parking--we self-parked for $14/day. All I can say about this is that there is virtually no free parking anywhere you would want to be in this entire city! I am sure there is plenty of free parking in Bakersfield...)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While here, enjoy onsite dining at Beachside Restaurant & Bar, serving up California coastal cuisine with marina views, take a swim in our heated year-round pool and enjoy our location near Mother’s Beach, Venice and Santa Monica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Jamaica Bay Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jamaica Bay Hotel Marina Del Rey
- Best Western Marina Del Rey