Starting with the negative... hidden fees... $14/night for self parking - $22 for valet?! Really? Was told "that's actually not bad for this area," by the receptionist. Why not just include it in the advertised price instead of blindsiding customers? I mean, it's the buildings parking lot - it's not like we're parking down the street on some other property's parking lot. I probably won't stay here again specifically for that reason. Why not charge separately for electricity and water as well?! Sheesh. Keep it up travel industry - keep it up... see what happens. :P
Anyhoo... Everything else pretty great though. Restaurant ("Vu") was pretty decent - barmaid was the best - awesome service. Food seemed a little bland though, tiny portions, a bit expensive for the taste.
Room was impeccably decorated though. I had a pretty decent view of the tiny bay. Great sleep. Pretty close to LAX.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While here, enjoy onsite dining at Beachside Restaurant & Bar, serving up California coastal cuisine with marina views, take a swim in our heated year-round pool and enjoy our location near Mother’s Beach, Venice and Santa Monica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Jamaica Bay Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jamaica Bay Hotel Marina Del Rey
- Best Western Marina Del Rey