I grew up about five miles away from the "old" Jamaica Bay Inn. It was a funky place better known for it's Sunday Brunch than its hotel rooms. Locals loved it but never stayed there. Eventually, people from out of town stayed away. The "new" Jamaica Bay is a radical change from that. It combines a great location with a stylish decor, nicely appointed rooms, good food and drinks and friendly staff. Look no further. I stayed in #211 with a nice view out to the water and across the sand. When I called the front desk of the morning of my check in to reconfirm my reservation, they had actually UPGRADED me to a suite, which I had to turn down because I needed the two queen beds. Imagine a hotel that voluntarily upgrades you! From the moment I checked in I knew I'd like it here. This hotel has been rebuilt from the ground up. The lobby is warm and welcoming. The rooms are warm and welcoming. The area is warm and welcoming. I liked it here! Comfortable room with a great TV, nice deck, big bathroom, on site bar and restaurant. A nice deck with a couple of chairs, but found it odd that there wasn't a sliding screen door that would have allowed me to enjoy fresh air in the room. A nice pool and hot tub. Didn't get to enjoy the restaurant for dinner but I did sample it for breakfast. Interesting and unique menu. Very eclectic, but the portions were a bit small. I was hungry two hours after eating here. The bar scene seems to be local, loud and active. Valet parking is $22. Park it yourself is $14 which is kind of a joke considering how huge the parking lot is! Regardless, this is a nice hotel. It has a great location and a great view. The landscaping is quite nice...textured grass, flowers and plenty of palm trees that border the water side of the property. You can hear the palm fronds blowing in the wind. There's a walking path-bike path right in front of the property, too and so you see a never ending parade of people passing by. The nearby Marriott and Ritz Carlton should be very concerned because the Jamaica Bay Inn is now a major player and serious competition. I'll look forward to staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While here, enjoy onsite dining at Beachside Restaurant & Bar, serving up California coastal cuisine with marina views, take a swim in our heated year-round pool and enjoy our location near Mother’s Beach, Venice and Santa Monica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Jamaica Bay Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jamaica Bay Hotel Marina Del Rey
- Best Western Marina Del Rey