“Nice looking place, but needs a few things done right”
Review of Settebello

Settebello
Reserve with OpenTable
Settebello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 136 Restaurants in Marina del Rey
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Nice looking place, but needs a few things done right”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This restaurant is a nice looking establishment and we chose it because of that and the proximity to our hotel. We passed on higher rated pizza places for those reasons, plus it looked liked they served pizzas the style that we like. The beer selection wasn't very good but we took a stab at one that was pretty good (but we went to The Yard House downstairs afterwards because of their great selection). I couldn't figure out why such a nice looking place would use paper napkins rather than cloth... The salad was pretty good and the pizza had flavor, but it was not hot, which ruined it for my wife. Our sever who was also working the bar did a good job, but we'll try the higher rated places the next time we're in the area.

• Visited November 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“A lovely lunch in the sunshine”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Finished off a week's trip to LA with lunch in the sun here before heading to the airport. A gloriously sunny day, we chose to sit outside (surprised by how many people chose to sit inside, with tables free outside - I'll never understand Americans....or perhaps it's because living in the UK I jump at any chance to sit in the sunshine? Perhaps.). Wanted a light meal before flying, so had a platter of prosciutto followed by a gorgeous salad. My friends had pizza and were totally over the moon with the perfect base (apparently it's hard to get "real" Italian pizza in LA?), and the toppings. Service was attentive without being intrusive. A great end to a gastronomic week in LA where I put on 2.5kgs. Absolutely worth it, dieting is for when you're at home, not on holidays!

• Visited December 2013
Playa Del Rey, CA
“Finally!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Finally, a place where I can find a real pizza! Prior to finding this place, I hated American pizza. The thin, soft crust doesn't overpower the toppings or fill me up before I can enjoy another bite. I also noticed the sacks of Italian flour, authentic ingredients! In addition to the great food and wine, the servers were very friendly and attentive!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Robert M
Los Angeles, California
“We will be back soon..”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Last night the husband and I decided to give them an impromptu try. He usually won't go for pizza but this place is new, we could dine outside in the 75+ plus degree weather we had at 7:30 at night and it is close to home. We choose a table and were greeted promptly. The server explained the style of the pizza and recommended the namesake, Settebello. We started with the Insalata Grande. Nice combination of baby greens, pine nuts, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, shaved Parmesana, Kalamata Olives and some other items( kind if dark and could not see what else) tossed in a light, not that exciting balsamic vinagerete dressing. The size was perfect for two. The wait for the pizza seemed realllllllly long but that could of been that we had waited toooooo long to eat or that they are still new and could not handle as many tables that came in at once. My friends, it was worth the wait.... Thin crust pizza with a bit of everything on it.very authentic. Give them a try. I know I will be back and can't wait to try the Warm Cranberry Beans and the Misto Appetizer plate.

• Visited September 2013
MODENA
“Had a perfect pizza napoletana!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I'm Italian and everytime I come to US I look for pizzerie that belong to verace pizza napoletana association. Settebello is one of them and their margherita doc, made with fresh bufala mozzarella and extra virgin olive oil, is really great. The crust is thin and you can easily eat your pizza with your hands. The wood oven is the signature of a truly traditional pizzeria napoletana.

• Visited August 2013