“Awesome find right near our hotel”

Irori Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Irori Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 142 Restaurants in Marina del Rey
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mindanao Way
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We happened to see the sign for a Sushi place near our hotel and really wanted some Japanese food. Great atmosphere where you need to leave your shoes at the door and sit in sunken tables. Food was excellent and we'd definitely eat there again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This place is in a strip mall, talked around the corner from most of the shops and easy to miss. It's fairly small, but has good sushi and other options. Expect to take your shoes off and sit on a raised floor with cushions cut-outs for your legs. Great place for a quiet meeting!

Reviewed March 8, 2012

So, once again, trusting good old GPS, it found this restaurant for me, but if I hadn't walked around the complex, I would've missed it! It's hidden behind the bend beside the T-MOBILE store, and in between the nail joint. It seems to be run by Korean owners, but have japanese chef's at the sushi bar. We didn't order any sushi as the wife felt like Udon's ...and so I had the Chicken Teriayki Entree (which came w/ Miso + Rice and some Veggies). The teriyaki I had was huge and very good! They BBQ'd korean style and then had teriyaki sauce on it,and the portions were like 2 huge pcs bigger than my hands... and the veggies came in little saucers (korean style) - all good! My wife's udon on the other hand, the chicken in her soup was very bland and didn't taste like much, but the soup was good and noodles were very good. If not for the bland chicken, it was one of the better udon's we've had. She eventually bathed her chicken in my teritaki sauce for flavour. As for price, as I'm from Vancouver BC - it was pretty high for me, but not sure for others...I'm used to paying $8/9 for my teriyaki ...and theirs was $12 ..the udon was $10 ... so it's your call on that. The food was great and the servers, wow, they are attentive and many at that. I also liked the fact that the floor was raised up and so you sit on the floor and the tables are raised....very neat concept! I wouldn't bring a huge family there, and the tables are set (can't be moved) - and the biggest table I saw was for 6...lots of tables for 4 + 2 ... plus the sushi bar itself.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Been here several times, but don't get what all the hype is about. Sushi is good and fresh, but nothing special or different. Rolls are very simple, no frills. We took my 70 yr old mother there one time. She had a devil of a time sitting on the hard floor, and crawling in and out of the hole in the floor you are to put your shoe-less feet in. We watched a rather large couple attempt to get into their "seats", crawling around on the floor for several minutes before they got up and left. The gentleman had a hard time, but did manage to crawl in - his wife could not. How embarrassing!!

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I ate here with a group of friends for a bachelorette party and we had a very nice time. The staff accommodated the size of our group very well, and the food was great. I had a nigiri and maki combo and it was fabulous. The only down side was the price, as it was a bit more than I am used to paying. The atmosphere was really fun.