“best breakfast ever”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great American style cafe with great staff,well dressed (we bought the Killer Shrimp t shirt) very motivating people and a great menue for breakfast.
The dishes were delicious ,creative and sumptuous.Unfortunately we could not try the lunch but with next trip we will do that too.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Yes - they're hash browns should be famous - the best ever! Fresh made in the restaurant, they're perfectly tender on the inside, crisp and buttery on the outside. Huevos rancheros - really yummy. Spinach benedict pretty excellent. Only low point was the coffee -- for $3/cup, you'd expect something better. Total was $30 for the above, plus a single pancake on the side (we had to try it to find out: good, but we'll try the french toast next time). We didn't go for healthy - don't even know if that's available - this is our Saturday splurge breakfast. Booths and bar seating inside, plenty of tables outside on the deck with that lovely view of the harbor. We'll go back, and soon. I think, though, that we'll consider getting an entree to split and then hash browns with an egg - the servings are quite large. If using the Groupon will encourage you to try it, go for it!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great choice of breakfast at a reasonable price (for the area), especially the breakfast burritto and the corned beef has, both which come with the best 'home' made has-brown. The service is also very good and the staff are very friendly.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

There were 5 of us and everyone enjoyed their meal. They simply do "casual" breakfast well and with flavor. I had a Chorizo w/sauted veggie egg white omlette and it was yummy. Sister had shrimp benedict - she loved it. Nephew had french toast...none was left. Forgive me, I can't remember what my mom or brother in law had...I just remember that everyone was full and happy. Oh, they have good coffee too. The only reason I didn't give them a "5" for excellent is because, 1...I like a great Bloody Mary and though I'm sure spice lovers would give them high marks for it, I think their Bloody Mary is just way to strong in spice flavors - not just heat, but that strong chile pepper and tabasco taste. It wasn't even red anymore - so much spice, it was more of a brown. 2...after we were served AND our waitress checked up on us to make sure we were happy with our meals, then she disappeared way too long. We had to get up to ask someome if we could have more coffee. But it's a clever casual eatery with tasty food next to the Marina in Marina Del Rey California for goodness sakes, what could be so wrong?

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a new favorite breakfast spot for us - tucked into the corner of Marina del Rey before you run into Venice. It backs up against the Killer Shrimp restaurant and is only open for breakfast/lunch. Be sure to get there early so you can eat out on the patio overlooking the marina. Service was fantastic. The food was also excellent. Try their specialty dishes... I had the "Killer Shrimp Omelette", my son had the Crab Cakes Benedict.