“Yumm-o!”
Review of Cafe Del Rey

Cafe Del Rey
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Del Rey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bali Way
Description: Cuisine inspired by the coastal towns of the Mediterranean. Intuitive service and a beautiful seaside setting. The food is about discovery: the freshest fish, fire grilled steaks, roasted free-range poultry, citrus, olives and market fresh vegetables all bursting with flavor. The luscious desserts, sophisticated cocktails and wine complete your journey. Escape to the good life at Cafe del Rey
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This place was an accidental find, because it opens for lunch a bit earlier than the places around it, but wow! The food was creative and oh-so-tasty. Definitely a major step up over Tony P.'s or the nearby Cheesecake Factory...

1  Thank bwfol

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We just turned up at 18.30 on a Saturday evening and the charming hostess found us a nice table.
Immediately we were offered numerous types of water including tap. We chose tap and, thankfully, did not receive the " are you peasants look". This was very representative of the service that we received all night. Our waitress was a stunning black girl (apologies, did not get her name!) She could not have been more helpful. We shared a large Caesar salad to start and my wife followed with crab cakes and I had salmon. We had a bottle of white Zinfandel as an accompaniment .
Overall a really nice experience in a great location.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Ok on weekend they have a 3 course brunch. I did not know this nor did I need that much food, but at $35 plus mimosa not a bad deal. Beauty is you can order al a'carte which I did hence the delious lamb gyro. With a glass of Chardonnay and the California sun and boats at marina del Rey, what is not to like?

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was treated to this restaurant by friends who obviously know good food. I have a fond "taste memory" especially for the squash (pumpkin) bisque and the truffle pizza starters! Seems like we tried almost "one of each" of the raw bar and starters and everything was an outstanding surprise of flavors. I finished with the sea bass which was excellent; would love to come back and work my way down the rest of the entrees on this menu. Wine selection was also terrific. The food complimented the great company and makes this a longlasting great memory for me. This is a place for people who want a great food adventure instead of the usual fare; share this with special friends and family.

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

I went to happy hour with a friend and ended up staying for dinner. The appetizers were great and my lamb burger was perfect! Our server was super attentive.