“good inexpensive place at Venice Beach”
Review of El Tarasco

El Tarasco
Ranked #67 of 135 Restaurants in Marina del Rey
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Venice
Neighborhood: Venice
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“good inexpensive place at Venice Beach”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

often eat at El Tarasco. It is inexpensive and fast and the food is good quality, especially the fish tacos. it is 1 block off the beach and the outside seating is very nice on a good day.

Visited May 2014

“Good food. Fair price. Terrible service”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Not the best place to sit down and eat. The place doesn't look very clean, the service is super poor. The food is ok, nothing special about it. You get what you pay for.

Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Good, inexpensive, authentic Mexican food along Venice Beach”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

While staying in Marina del Rey, we had a craving for some Mexican food one evening. We checked assorted websites and learned of El Tarasco. High ratings...and very close to our hotel. So we took a short ride and actually ended up passing the place - it's small and tucked in among other shops so it sort of blends in. We circled back around and parked for free in the rear. The place is not very big, and it may not be much to look at - but we had a really positive experience. We started with the free chips and salsa (I really liked the salsa - a bit of a bite; the chips were not my favorite, looking more like broken tacos shells). I had a terrific enchilada on flour shell - perhaps the best I have ever had. It tasted so fresh, the chicken was flavorful and tender, and I'm not sure I've ever been served such hot food - and I mean this as a compliment. The food temperature led me to believe that it had literally just come off the grill just seconds before (what a pleasant surprise - no sitting under heat lamps here). I was so glad that they served Coke products but was disappointed that they did not have free refills (I think they offered refills for $1-1.50). Had a very pleasant dinner and was so glad to be supporting a local small business.

• Visited April 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Great Mexican food a few blocks from the pier”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stopped in for my second meal in four four days today. Saturday had a cheese enchilada, rice and beans (take away) and today spouse and I shared a Super Deluxe Burrito at the end of a bike ride.

Sat outside at one of two tables. Fast and friendly service. Delicious chips and salsa. Food arrived quickly on a hot plate. Plenty for two to share. Don't settle for ground beef. Shredded, steak,or chicken is much better. Been coming here for years and always feel like family.

Visited February 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

While vacationing in Venice Beach we heard about this place and decided to check it out. We arrived in the early evening and it was pretty quiet. Weren't sure if we should try it. We did and it was some of the best Mexican food I've ever had. The whole family really enjoyed it.

• Visited November 2013