“Great Food Busy Place”
Review of Killer Shrimp

Killer Shrimp
Reserve with OpenTable
Killer Shrimp is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Killer Shrimp restaurants have over 25-years of history and success serving its signature "Killer Shrimp" secret family recipe. Loyal customers have lined up, night after night to enjoy the freshest shrimp cooked to order in the Killer Shrimp luxurious spicy sauce and fresh cut French bread for dunking. Expanded offerings include, mouth-watering fresh seafood, steaks, salads, soups, desserts, signature cocktails, and a wide selection of amazing appetizers, all of which are prepared with a tantalizing combination of flavors and spices. The wait-staff, known for their edgy style, tattoos and stellar service, remind loyal fans that the Killer Shrimp experience is truly irresistible for lunch, dinner and daily happy hours. The family owned business operates (5) full-service, casual dining restaurants: Killer Shrimp Marina del Rey, Hermosa Beach, and San Francisco along with Killer Cafe Marina del Rey and The Mermaid Hermosa Beach.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Really good food highly recommends the shrimp dishes. The outside tables are your best options. Gets very busy late night.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I really like this place and have been coming here quite a while. The bar is good, the food is good, and there is plenty of seating. I've never had a bad dish here.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Good things 1st. Clean, Great View of Marina, Some outdoor setting and great clam chowder.

Now the bad. WAY TO SPICEY for me. The waitress warned me so I asked for something with no spice. I good the crab cakes. WRONG move, half way thru 1 cake my mouth was on fire. So I asked for a Cesar sallied. I though I was on a hidden camera. I got a head of lettuce cut in half with cheese and Cesar dressing on it.

Sorry but I will NEVER go there again.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Many people raved about this restaurant so I was excited to try their food. My sister order Killer Shrimp with angel hair and I ordered fish and chips. We were both disappointed. With a broth that simmers so long, I expected a bit more flavor. I did enjoy their rum based cocktail Pieces of Eight and their chocolate chip ice cream cookie dessert. Personally, if I return to the restaurant, I would just go for drinks and dessert.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

People who know me know that I hate fish, yet I found myself walking into this restaurant thinking quite the opposite and considerably enjoyed the shrimp. From entrance, the staff were friendly and seated and immediately served us chillled water which was a nice side note, especially since it was hot. We then were told of the restaurants speciality dish which is the "Killer Shrimp" which is a pound-ish of shrimp in a spicy broth. We were then told the other alterations of this dish (e.g. Shelled, With pasta, With rice). We then ordered and I chose the "Killer Sandwich". Our drinks arrived quickly followed by our food. The sandwich arrived as a baguette with shrimp and vegetables served with a huge pile of sweet potato fries and the broth on the side. Once eating, I was enjoying the flavour of shrimp with spice and great sweet potato fries. It was definitely worth stopping by and I would recommend it to anyone especially considering the price for 4 people was low.

A Little side note, the portions are very big but are still enjoyable. Also, when they say what level spice it is, I would say around a 7/10.