“1 bedroom is great for a month's stay!”

Oakwood Apartments Marina Del Rey
Reviewed July 7, 2011

stayed in the 1 bedroom type. Spacious. 1 room for bedroom, like normal hotel size, and 1 room for the living room+kitchen+dining table.
Clean and well maintained.
Kitchen utensils and cleaning equipment provided.
Laundry room with many machines, never had to wait.
Responsive with maintenance issues.
Free parking and plenty of space.
(also viewed studio type; not so appealing. the extra 20-25% bucks for the 1bedroom is worth it. THe studio type is very similar to a regular hotel room, with an added kitchen corner)
Drawback: about 2 blocks inland, thus no view of the ocean. and some room type's view was very poor, seeing nothing and/or walls. We stayed in one with a small garden with view of pool, which was good.

Room Tip: Must visit the place and check the room to see good view the S building facing pool is recommended...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CM_TH77

Reviewed February 3, 2011

When I arrived, my bathroom sink was clogged and it took two service requests to get anyone to do anything about it. I had to brush my teeth using the bathtub on the morning of my first day of a new job, and the staff did not care one bit. After I got past that mishap, things got a lot better and the room was relatively ok. Very outdated rooms though, especially for the price!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank djb3771
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I have stayed here before once for 3months while working in the area,and again recently for one week.The staff admitted to some problems with mice a few years back when new construction was going on in the area,we had no problems.The location is great-a 5 min walk to venice beach the venice canals and many great resturaunts. It was clean the kitcken had more than adequate cooking and eating utensils.the beds were comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful.Abeautiful pool area complete with gas grills and eating areas.nice pool and jacuzzi,great work out room,tennis court and club room.I will stay here again

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank juliepross
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Last summer, my girlfriend and I stayed at Oakwood, Marina Del Rey. We were disgusted at what we saw. We were sitting at a table when we noticed a young couple walk past us toward the jacuzzi, there were some loud obnoxious belligerently drunk little girls sitting in there at the time. I, did not see it happen, my girlfriend did. One of the girls jumped out of the jacuzzi and bit the young man, (for no reason apparently) then they grabbed there items as they proceeded off the premises on foot! -Apparently they were not residents or guests. This place has 24 hour security, they were no were to be found! The place is to expensive for the quality of people there.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JonGs
Reviewed October 14, 2009

See Nothing has changed here from when i stayed here in 2000.

The attitude of the staff on reception is disgusting and they even had the cheek to charge me extra for cleaning when i left the apartment. Even though i reported the rubbish when i first moved in.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Jacob G
Reviewed December 19, 2008

Don't stay here. From the beginning, all I experienced were problems. The room had not been cleaned when I arrived. There was a dead bug and soap build up in the shower. The room had an old hotel room smell to it. A few days later, I found out that my stove didn't work at all. That was on a Monday and the stove didn't get fixed until Saturday. The next week, I went to use the jacuzzi, and there was poop in it. The whole stay was a disappointment.

Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank finamichelle
Reviewed August 27, 2008

We had nothing but problems since the moment we arrived. The front desk staff only works until 6 pm, so if you arrive at night you have to wait outside the door until you can get the attention of the security guard. The room had no soap, no toilet paper, and only 1 towel. We also had no wastebasket in the bathroom and never got one the entire three weeks of our stay. We had to go the the store at 12am the night we arrived because there was no one working at the desk to get us toilet paper. If you want to do laundry you need to purchase a card at the "convenience" store. The machine didn't happen to be working when we tried to do this. When we asked the store employees about this they were very rude and told us we needed to get someone from the front desk to help us. (It was after 6pm, so no clean underwear for the next day). The next day when we approached the front desk staff for help with the laundry card machine they didn't know how to handle it either so they gave us a defective card that had to be wiggled around into just the right position to get the machines to read it. When I tried to reload the card in the laundry room machine it wouldn't read my debit card and I had to take my laundry all the way back to the room and walk all the way to the club house to try the convenience store machine again.

The room was also small, outdated, and the fixtures in the bathtub were falling out of the wall. The hallways reeked of cigarette smoke, mold, and other mystery odors. In short, the accommodations were terrible and the staff was rude, not attentive, and unavailable.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Kristin011