2 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$269
eDreams$269
ZenHotels.com$304
1,150 results
All reviews salt restaurant valet parking beautiful hotel valet staff room service fire pit third floor hotel restaurant pool and hot tub city view los angeles enjoyed my stay venice and santa monica nancy marina concierge boats
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

I appreciate a lot Nancy her kindness and help on resolving a severe problem with a rental car shop.
In fact, my rental car was in a totally flat tire from the first day from LAX airport to the hotel.
I asked to the shop to tow the car or come over to the parking lot at the hotel to repair it.
However, the owner of the rental car shop (Atwest rent car) told me that I have to pay $150 and subsidiary fee for many dollars per hour for the visit of engineer via phone though I bought an insurance ($18/d).
I appealed and argued on this issue with him, since the spare tire was at the back of the car, so it's just required to replace of the punctured one to the spare.
(Also, the car has a lot of problem because it was over 78k miles run Versa of Nissan)
How suck the owner of the rental car shop does?
Forturnately, I could have met Nancy at the concierge, she is expertised in many problem related to the law and highly experienced in a variety of domains.
She tried to give a call and start to argue with the owner for me.
He replied that he cannot refund neither change the tire in free of charge as same as he did to me.
And, I should have changed the tire by myself (or pay the fee at a repair shop by myself)
He was awful and screwy.
She continued to argue and let him do something for me. (He was still bad until the end of the phone call)
Afterwards, she found someone of the hotel in specialty of engineering for me.
They were offering me a suggestion together (change the tire at the repair shop by myself, then go back to the rent car company. Ask to exchange with new car).
I just followed their advice then I got a new car with under 6k mile run Elantra of Hyundai which seems much safer.

I am so thankful, through this comment, I'd like to my deep gratitude again to Nancy.

If you have any problem during your stay here, find her, Nancy!
She is a kind and helpful superwoman.
She is.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
hotelmdrh, Manager at Marina Del Rey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2019

Good Afternoon,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Marina Del Rey Hotel. The entire staff takes pride in providing the best possible experience for our guests, so your feedback is welcome and appreciated.

We also truly appreciate your time in personally recognizing one of our star team members, and will surely commend Nancy for an amazing job!

Reviewed August 8, 2019

Quiet harbour view, good restaurant with nice options to sit outside not under ac, perfect breakfast with friendly staff and with the bike you can easy drive to Venice beach. The room are new and each with a balcony.

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank cobavt
hotelmdrh, Manager at Marina Del Rey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2019

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Marina Del Rey Hotel. The entire staff takes pride in providing the best possible experience for our guests, so your feedback is welcome and appreciated.
Please give us a call whenever you are ready to visit us again!

Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 9 days in June after a visit to Las Vegas.
When we arrived we were given a room facing the car park, there was no problem with the room but the view wasn’t what we had in mind for our 9 day stay, we were told the hotel was full and we should ask to change the room in a day or two. Obviously we felt very disappointed.
The next day we spoke to the concierge Nancy who is as amazing as all her reviews.
She is so warm, helpful and friendly, we told her about our room issue and she was straight onto the case. In her words “we can make this happen!” The following day she had arranged for our bags to be moved to a marina view room on the upper floor with a dual aspect balcony. We were so happy.
We also had little treats left in our room such as a plate of fruit and nachos on another day, all compliments of Nancy!

The restaurant food was excellent and so was the service and also the bar staff. The terraces with fire pits and views over the marina on both sides of the restaurant are very comfortable and relaxing.

We also enjoyed the pool area with complimentary towels and heated pool.

We only hired a car for a couple of days to visit Palm Springs and the rest of the time we used Uber when needed which worked well. The hotel is a long walk from Venice Beach area. There are a couple of good restaurants in close proximity.

I would say that the staff from this hotel go the extra mile with their customer service and the Jewel in the Crown is Nancy who is fantastic and absolute asset to this hotel, thank you Nancy

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon Emma,

We also truly appreciate your time in personally recognizing some of our star team members, and will surely commend Nancy for an amazing job!

dvidales@hotelmanager.com

Reviewed August 5, 2019

I’m staying at the Marina Del Rey hotel from out of town on a business trip and just wanted to take the time to thank Nahom for his exceptional service. He has gone above and beyond to make the check in process seamless for me. I travel quite a bit and, I appreciate his helpfulness, warmth and genuine attitude.

Thank you and I’ll definitely recommend this hotel to my colleagues for major events in the future :)

Trip type: Traveled on business

Good Afternoon Janek,

We also truly appreciate your time in personally recognizing some of our star team members, and will surely commend Nahom for an amazing job!

Reviewed August 5, 2019 via mobile

When we checked in the woman at the front desk tried to DOWNGRADE us from a Marina view room to a city view which means a view of the parking lot. We had to fight to get what we paid for and we’re given a guilt trip that she would have to downgrade someone else, not my problem. She was neither apologetic nor friendly- neither was the woman at check out- no “how was your stay’ or “thank you for staying with us”; nothing. If I wanted a city view room I would have stayed elsewhere and paid less.

The room was comfortable, but very small. The neighborhood is not very nice; under major construction.

Overall a very disappointing experience.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank lc_blank

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for staying with us at the Marina Del Rey Hotel, and for your recent review. Our entire staff takes great pride in providing the best possible service and comfort for our guests, and we thank you for this opportunity to improve.

I apologize sincerely for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and assure you that this is not a normal reflection of our Front Desk Service. I would be upset too if the room I had reserved was not the same one when I arrived. I will be using your feedback as an opportunity to coach our team members. Also, if I could have a moment, at a time convenient for you, please reach out to me via email/phone call so that we may further discuss this matter, in hopes that we may reach a positive resolution.

I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again, and if there is anything I may do personally to welcome you back to the Marina Del Rey Hotel, please do stay in touch.