1,008 results
All reviews salt restaurant corner suite valet parking beautiful hotel room service valet staff santa monica happy hour fire pit pool area is third floor pool and hot tub loved this hotel enjoyed my stay hotel restaurant rental car the entire staff
Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here twice, great place to chill, great pool, nice gym, comfortable rooms and the staff are very accommodating. The restaurant is good for breakfast and the hotel itself is very close to the airport, 10 minute taxi or so

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Donall11
Andrea M, General Manager at Marina Del Rey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2017

Dear DonallN,

We thank you for taking the time to review the Marina del Rey Hotel. We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us and are a repeat visitor. We would love to have you back and look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you so much for staying with us!

Reviewed March 14, 2017

I had the perfect stay at the Marina Del Rey hotel. The hotel is immaculate and in the best possible location.

The staff was beyond amazing and treated us like royalty. I would to personally thank Kirsten, Adrian, Kayla and most of all Joy.

This trip was a research project so we could figure out what hotels to use for future corporate bookings and events and Joy went above and beyond to insure that we will be booking in the future.

Room tip: Amazing location, clean rooms, modern, hip, cool, wonderful staff
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Worldshine,

We thank you for taking the time to review the Marina del Rey Hotel in regards to your recent visit. We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us. We will be sure to personally thank the team that assisted you for giving you great service. We would love to have you back and look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

We are currently staying here for five nights. Booking was easy via the hotel website. I was given the option to upgrade if available; lucky me – we got upgraded to a grand marina suite for the price promised. Yes, being on the third floor with no one above us and a beautiful view of the marina is worth the extra $57 bucks a night. Check-in was easy and friendly. Valet parking is a bit pricey, but for the convenience of parking in this area, one shouldn't complain. Very friendly valet staff with prompt response time. Easy access to and from freeways, and especially directly from the airport.

The most amazing things about this hotel are the beautiful decor and the cleanliness of the room. With all of the glass being surrounded by salt air, you would never know it. We had three sliding glass doors in our room in addition to glass on the balcony, and it was impeccably clean. Carpets showed no visible wear and were very clean - including heavy traffic areas. Bedding and bed was of exceptional quality. Bathroom and coffee area with wet bar/fridge was an extra nice perk for us. Across the street you'll find multiple dining options as well as a large supermarket for water, soda, and other goodies you might want to stash in your fridge.

We also enjoyed how quiet this hotel is. Once we were in our room we didn't hear much - with the exception of a gentleman having a party on his boat in the marina. Once we shut the sliding doors and pulled the drapes closed for the night, we didn't hear it.

All in all, this hotel is a good bang for your buck if you're looking for harbor convenience and view. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Andrea M, General Manager at Marina Del Rey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Dear Mercurysqueen,

We thank you for taking the time to review the Marina del Rey Hotel in regards to your recent visit. We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us and that as our guest you were able to enjoy all the hotel amenities, service, views, and enjoy the suite upgrade! Thank you for your notes on cleanliness, we will be sure to thank the whole team for the great comments in the area of cleanliness. We would love to have you back and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

I thought the hotel was nice overall. I didn't like that I was forced to pay $30 for valet parking and the music in the lobby was way too loud! The room was comfortable and nice but nor particularly luxurious. I paid $300 for the room, so I expected more but It was nice enough. They charge too much for good and drinks but that's California I guess. I did have an issue with my room. They just cleaned the carpets and the carpet was still wet. A very nice guy changed the room and gave us free breakfast. It was all inconvenient but it worked out. I am not sure I would stay here again. Overall, it was a nice place but overpriced!

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Martyn,

We thank you for taking the time to review the Marina del Rey Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and that you liked the room. Apologies that you felt the experience was expensive, be sure to check the website for parking inclusive packages, we also offer a happy hour from 4p-6p nightly if you are looking for value. I am so sorry that the room carpet was not ready for guests. I will follow up with housekeeping, as we should have not released that room until it was fully dry. My apologies for that. We would love to have you back and look forward to seeing you soon, thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed March 9, 2017

There's a lot to like about this hotel.
First, grab a marina view room if you can afford it - the view is really peaceful and beautiful to wake up to in the morning.

The staff were wonderful here and always happy to help as needed. The hotel and room decor is quite nice and modern, with the hotel being renovated within the last 2 years I believe. We found the bed nice and comfortable.

The meals in the restaurant onsite (Salt) were great - with great attention to presentation and detail. We enjoyed a superb supper here. Breakfasts had a some different menu options to the normal fare and I enjoyed that too. No buffet breakfast. It's not a big restaurant though, so make a reservation if you wish to eat in.

The hotel has bikes for hire at $5 per hour - we rode to Venice Beach and back and it was an enjoyable ride - I highly recommend it.

We also walked to Abbot Kinney Blvd to check out the shopping, it's a good 25 minute walk there - or grab an Uber for around $6.

There is plenty of onsite parking right out the front of the hotel, however parking is only done via valet and is charged at around $30 per night I think.

WiFi is free and is a good speed. Rooms are equipped with 55inch TV's.

This is a great location to explore the Santa Monica area as well, and only 15 mins from LAX airport. It's a peaceful hotel, with a beautiful view, and great food.
What more could you want?

Room tip: We felt the Marina View rooms were worth it and highly recommend them.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Andrea M, Owner at Marina Del Rey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Dear Crzzzr,

Thanks for the great review of the Marina del Rey Hotel, in regards to your recent visit. We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us and that as our guest you were able to enjoy all the hotel amenities, service, views, SALT restaurant and bar. We would love to have you back and look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for the wonderful review!