Marina del Rey Marriott
Foghorn Harbor Inn Hotel(Marina del Rey)(Great Value!)
$249
$269
  • Pool
Hotel MdR-A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel(Marina del Rey)(Great Value!)
$234
$208
Doubletree.com
$383
$349
RitzCarlton.com
  • Restaurant
The Kinney(Marina del Rey)
$251
$316
$299
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
Ramada Marina Del Rey(Marina del Rey)(Great Value!)
$220
Jamaica Bay Inn(Marina del Rey)
$249
  • Pool
Jolly Roger Hotel(Marina del Rey)
$189
$183
Travelocity
Inn at Venice Beach(Los Angeles)
$242
  • Breakfast included
1,216 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungelobby barsanta monicavalet parkingnice hotelper dayoutdoor loungevalet servicerestaurants within walking distancebusiness centernice areacheesecake factoryvenice canalslax airportla areathe ritzmarina
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed for two nights in this very pleasant Marriott. the room was comfortable and had a good view from a nice small balcony type rail. The staff were very helpful, and it was easy to walk to the beach and some nice restaurants nearby. In my opinion much nicer than the hotels right next to LAX but still very convenient

Room Tip: ask fr a room with a view over the marina
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
MdRMarriott, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

I'm happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and hope you'll return.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Within the Marriott flag, the Marriott brand spans a fairly wide array of hotel quality. Marriott then has several brands which are higher-end, such as J.W. Marriott and Ritz Carleton. This particular hotel is a bit of a mix -- the lobby/common area ambiance and the service are clearly reflective of the highest end of the Marriott flag. The rooms and the concierge lounge, which are very nice, are nonetheless more reflective of the mainstream Marriott brand. The location is across the street from the water, in contrast to the Ritz Carleton property, which is right on the water nearby. I was there on business, and it was apparent this is a nice, up-scale business hotel in a great location.

Finally, I would stress the service, which was top-flight. I would note that this is a "company-owned" property. It's often hard to discern unless you ask, but "company-owned" Marriotts seem to generally be a notch above the franchised properties, particularly in customer service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location and service.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The excellent employees, location of this hotel and great views of the Marina are the best thing about Marriott Marina del Rey. The breakfast buffet is very tasty and the omelet station make it a definitive plus. The elevators are fast. Though clean and spacious, the room was nothing special whatsoever - it was very much standard, though priced and billed at an "exclusive suite". This highly overpriced accomodation is most definite in need of redecorating. We were highly disappointed that the room did not include a refrigerator nor a microwave. Please be advised that parking is not included and for your own convenience, you are pretty much forced to pay for Valet Parking each night, which is very expensive. Otherwise, the parking situation is a headache. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. When I inquired at the front desk for directions, they were more than happy to print out detailed instructions for me and even offered other suggestions, for which I was most appreciative.

There is a extremely nice looking club/bar in the outside lobby area but I have to assume because of the cold temperatures, was empty. This particular area has beautiful fire pits and even a waterfall.

Whereas this was a good experience I do have to warn you it is overpriced and not updated but I would be willing to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank StressFreeD

Thank you for the excellent review. We have renovated our rooms and have other renovations planned around the property as well. I hope you'll come back an enjoy them when we're finished.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is classy and stylish. Rooms are spacious and clean and there is a bath! Staff are friendly and the restaurant is good. Only ten minutes walk to Venice beach and just across the road from the marina. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

I'm delighted to hear that you would stay with us again. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We were on a stop-over on our way to Australia and we had a full day in LA, so figured that we would venture up to Marina Del Rey so we could enjoy the stop over a little more than the LAX Marriott (where we stayed on our way back when we had basically just time to sleep). What we realized is that it is super close to the airport and such a great experience.

Positives:
- the staff are professional and courteous
- hotel isn't as busy as the airport one, less commotion in the check-in, concierge, lobby area.
- we were given an excellent room on a high floor with water views
- room service was good
- downstairs quick snack options etc. great.
- outdoor fitness. Put on your sneakers and just go walking along the water. Or, apparently you can rent bikes, which would be a good idea for reaching a pharmacy or whatever.
- our flight departed at midnight, we were able to get an extra late checkout at 6pm for a fee, less than another full day. So customer friendly.
-inexpensive cab ride away from airport.
- close to Santa Monica for dining/shopping.
- a strip mall behind the hotel (access out back door) with the basics you might need.

Negatives: none really, it met and exceeded our expectations. Only being ignored once by the valet when I went outside to request a taxi. A little annoying, but won't hold it against the hotel. He was in a deep conversation with another guest, I figured he could have at least acknowledged me, but he just pretended I wasn't there. Finally another guy came out and off I went.

Shopping: There is a mall in the area but not worth the cab ride. I'd go to Santa Monica instead. Everything is really close.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IslanderGirl

Thank you for your review, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope you'll return.