“Lovely Hotel”

Marina del Rey Marriott
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for three days.
The hotel is 10 minutes walking distance from the beach.
The hotel is about 20 minutes away by taxi from LAX.
The hotel is located in a nice area. The lobby was great.
The bed is comfortable. The bathroom is a little bit out of date.
A real disappointing things was that a cleaning lady did not clean the room well.
When I got to the room on the first day, I found out several nails on the carpet.
During my 3-day stay, nails were never removed.
It seems that they do not vacuum the carpet.
Even though the room and lobby were nice, the cleaning service was really disappointing.

Room Tip: Room with views of marina
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
MdRMarriott, Executive Assistant at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience staying at our hotel. It is through responses such as yours that enable us to continue to make improvements to our facilities and guest service. While it is never pleasant to learn of missing our guest expectations, we are grateful to you for bringing such matters to our attention. It is our continuous goal to strive for perfect customer satisfaction and hope that you give us another opportunity to do that when your travels bring you back to our area.

There are newer reviews for Marina del Rey Marriott

Reviewed May 7, 2014

The view from the hotel is really nice facing the marina. Inside, the loby, bar and facilities are comfortable and kind of modern. The rooms are quite nice and clean and the people are very helpful. IS very close to the airport so is perfect to stay there as you arrive, and the location is also perfecto for going in and out wherever you want.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
MdRMarriott, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Thank you for the great review, I'm delighted to hear that you had a nice stay. I hope you'll join us again in the future.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed for one night to break up a series of long haul flights - this hotel is about 15-20 minutes by taxi from LAX.
Staff were friendly and attentive, from concierge to front desk.
My room (a double, marina view) was a bit dark - lights in the bedroom are all from lamps - and the amenities were limited (no mini bar) but everything was clean and tidy. The view was great; you could watch people on the beach and look out to the wider marina. Venice beach was an easy walk down the road.

The bathrooms are a bit tired. There was a shower curtain over the bath, and the tub was a big step up from the floor. Shower pressure was average. The toiletries, however, were nice.

As far as restaurants, the Lobby Bar does a great quick breakfast options - muffins, coffee, and tea to go. I went to Stones Restaurant for dinner, and was one of several guests who waited for over five minutes for anybody to arrive to seat us. Once I was seated, the waiter took my drink order yet I got asked by three other staff if I was ready to order drinks - I didn't seem to have an assigned server. The meal, however, was really good for a hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: Marina view gives you plenty to see
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us, I'm glad you had a nice stay.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Just got back from a stay at this Marriott. We had a great time. Room, service, amenities, etc were all excellent. The staff is extremely helpful. Nicole at the front desk went above and beyond for us more than once. We appreciated her willingness to pick up the phone and track down answers, get us last minute reservations and arrange transportation for us. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We made no special requests and everything in our room was great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MdRMarriott, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

I really appreciate your review and will share your comments with Nicole and the team. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

My husband and I normally stay at a different hotel in the marina when we come visit but our standard was booked.
The room is large, the view of the marina and ocean are nice. There is no balcony, just a little ledge you can stand on and look at the scenery. The road below is super loud so don't expect to leave the door open at night for fresh air. The concierge level food was pretty good but they don't restock when its within 30 minutes of closing. The ran out of everything by 30 minutes before so if you want to take advantage of an amenity that you pay for be there early. The valet is prompt but brutally expensive. They have you over a barrel with the limited parking in the area. The front desk was a thorn in my side however. When we arrived for our reservation we discovered another patron with the same name was able to modify our reservation checking us in for one day when my confirmation read three. After much clicking and clacking the reservation was restored. However at some point once again our reservation was mysteriously modified and had us checking out a day early. This is a problem because its Easter weekend and every where is booked. They graciously restored our room after more clicking and clacking on the computer. Those issues aside all in all an adequate hotel in Marina Del Rey. A little impersonal and generic but serviceable. The best thing about the room is the bed and another positive note is they allowed us early check in and had our requests waiting in the room when we arrived.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MdRMarriott, Executive Assistant at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is one of best Marriott's I have stayed at. The staff was very helpful and attentive, more than in other hotels I have stayed in. There is a Hertz desk on property if you need a car, but it is a 10-15 minutes walk to Venice Pier, which is the start of Venice Beach. Santa Monica Pier is about 4 miles northwest, north of Venice Beach. The rooms are fine and bedding and pillows are good. The restaurant is a little expensive, but the food is good and service is even better. Stayed there for an event on the roof top which gave as quite a view for the sunset. Oh yes, there are plenty of good restaurants in the area. Don't forget your Marriott Rewards Card to get the extra points. One down side is that the pool is small and you hear a little road noise. But it is clean and has a few cabanas.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank roadtripdad66

Thank you for being a loyal guest, I appreciate your review. Other travelers will benefit from your tips on the area as well. Again, thank you.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Firstly let me say that this hotel is fantastic and clean with just a few personnel problems. We arrived early - 11 am the concierge girl whom I won't name at this time since I am still here said since we had requested a king room we would have to wait. I said no problem my husband had to go to work but I would walk around. I also said since we were staying 8 nights we would really like a view of the marina since my husband is a boater and I didn't care how long I would have to wait. At 2:30 I received the call that the room was ready. I asked if it had a marina view. She said no but that maybe there would be one available the next day if we didn't mind moving. She also told me the view was beautiful of the mountains and at night all the lights were nice to look at. I said I would take a look. When I came to the room I immediately called and said I didn't like the view. She then said that all of a sudden there was a marina view on the 4th floor available and there would be a $20 a night charge. Of course then I was shocked that once I got to the room suddenly a room with a marina view appeared but more shocked that all of a sudden there would be an additional charge. I said you never told me of an additional charge when I first requested it at 11 am or 2:30 when you told me there might be one available the next day. This woman needs a class in customer satisfaction. She never apologized for not letting me know of the charge and offered no other alternative. I think if you have people who are going to be staying in your hotel for nine days you would want to make the room and stay enjoyable. The bell captain - Sean - who was in the room when I was on the phone with her offered his apologies for her attitude. He was so nice and told me all about the facilities and the surrounding area. I commend him for trying to make a bad situation better. And by the way this beautiful view of the mountains is of a parking lot and street - and I can laugh about the lights comment. The other complaint I have is after coming back from dinner on Thursday my husband and I wanted a drink in the Glow Lounge which is very nice. I ordered a stinger - when it was brought to me the color was wrong they made it with green creme de mint I said it is made with white so she took it back - came back to let me know they didn't have white so they made it with green but they were going downstairs to get it. By now my husband was finished with his drink and ordered another one - then she came back to let me know they didn't have it downstairs but they would have it the next day. So last night we go to the Glow Lounge so I could have my drink and we found the same waitress and ordered and she came back to let me know they wouldn't have the white creme de mint til Tuesday!!!!!! ????? Again really! I am a guest and I really enjoy this one drink after dinner and I have to wait 6 days for white creme de mint? Aside from these two problems which were Big for me the other employees - housekeeping, service, bellboys and other concierge employees are very helpful and friendly. It is too bad that one employee especially the first one you come in contact with can put a bad taste in your mouth from the start. Again Sean is an asset to the Marriott Marina Del Rey!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hayanee1
MdRMarriott, Executive Assistant at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina del Rey
#3 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Hotel Erwin
Hotel Erwin
#11 of 352 in Los Angeles

Been to Marina del Rey Marriott? Share your experiences!