“Marina del Rey Marriott” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marina del Rey Marriott

Marina del Rey Marriott
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Riverside, California, United States
“Marina del Rey Marriott”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

The location of the hotel is not bad at all. It's facing the marina and if you get the right room, you can have a view of the ocean. Driving up to it was a little hard and I almost missed it because the road that leads to it is so small.

Our first night, we decided to hang around downstairs in the lobby and watch the Laker game and had so much fun. We ordered drinks and lots of food, which turned out to be really great. The best dish was the calamari in my opinion. We loved it so much we ordered 3-4 plates and theres only 4 of us. The servers were great and were always attentive. Great customer service.

The rooms on the other hand didn't look and feel so fancy compared to how the hotel looks from the outside and the lobby. I expected better quality from this hotel.

There are plenty of restaurants and entertainment located around the area. The beach is also just down the street if you want to take a walk or a jog.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike M, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
You're not the first guest to go "Calamari crazy"...So happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the great review, and we hope to see you again for more sports and seafood!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Arrived at the hotel after the long flight from Sydney with a very sick daughter. Even though it was only 9.30 in the morning the staff found us a room, the head chef came to see if he could make anything to make my daughter feel better, and guys at the front who take care of your bags were amazing. Later they sent a fruit platter and drinks up to her room. Everyone continued to enquire and show concern the whole time we were there.
N
We chose the hotel as we had a very early flight to Canada and it's an short easy drive to the airport. We found the area quiet (out of season) and whilst its a bit of a drive to some of the sites LA is easy to get around in a car.

The rooms are adequate without being impressive, some have a nice view over the marina, and there are a couple of restaurants, take aways and dry cleaners etc within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike M, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
We're always happy to do everything we can to make your stay with us as painless as possible, especially when there is a sick child involved. Thank you for the great review. We hope your daughter recovered quickly enough to enjoy your vacation, and we hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Los Angeles!
Cedar Hills, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here with our three kids and it was perfect for our needs. We were visiting friends in Malibu so the location worked well and we also enjoyed the short drive to Santa Monica. The hotel was great and our kids enjoyed the pool area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SkiChad5
Great to hear that you had a comfortable and convenient stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful review. We bet your friends in Malibu would love to see you again, so we hope to see you again soon!
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in the LAX area and this is the first time I stayed here. I found the check in extremely courteous and friendly. I received advance notification of my arrival and a request for anything I needed upon my arrival to the hotel.

Rooms here clean and fresh and the hotel staff very helpful.

A good stay all round.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike M, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
...And a wonderful review all around! Thank you for your feedback. We're very happy that you had a great stay with us, and we hope to see you again on your next business trip!
Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I held off writing this review as I gave the Manager - John at the front desk a chance to honor his promise but my stay was a month ago and he still hasn't added the points as promised.
Our family stayed at the hotel for my daughter's graduation from LMU. We are silver medalion members and have stayed at many different Marriotts and I have to say...this was the worst experience. It started with check in. We flew in from Boston and were eager to check in. We were told by John at the front desk that the room (1 bedroom suite) was empty and just needed to be cleaned which would take about an hour. We then went out for lunch and came back aprox 2 1/2 hours later and the room still was not ready. We waited about 30 minutes longer and finally checked in. I have never been so dismayed with a room. We were on the 3rd floor overlooking the parking lot and the "Balcony" that is advertised with a one bedroom suite was actually a one ft juliet balcony that you can't even stand out on. They had no rooms available to switch to so we unhappily stayed where we were. Here is a list of the other problems with the room. No exhaust in the bathroom so you couldn't even get dressed in there because there was so much steam. No A/C vent in the bedroom. If you closed the doors for privacy (there were four of us in the room), the room was really stuffy and smelled moldy. They give you a hair dryer but the electrician who installed the outlet in bathroom has it so close to the marble border that you can't plug in the dryer. Same issue in my sister's room. No robes which is very unusual for the price of a suite. No paper in the morning, even though they asked us at the front desk and we said yes, no complimentary coffee in the morning...again unusual for a Marriott. On second day, we didn't get cleaned until I called down at 3:30 in the afternoon even though we were out of the room at 7:00am for the day. Turn down service came every day at 5:00pm while we were in the middle of getting dressed for dinner so we never used it. I voiced my concerns to John the manager at the front desk and while he did send up two waters and a dessert and bought us two breakfasts for a party of four, he told us that he was crediting our Marriot account with 30,000 points and he never did it. I sent him a letter after our stay to remind him and he still never did it.
My advice is to stay at the Ritz for a little bit more money...it will be worlds better. I contemplated checking out and moving on the first day after seeing the room...I should have listened to my instincts.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it, and we want to make it up to you. Could you send us a private message with your email so we can have the appropriate person follow up?
Enschede
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Marina del Rey is a standard good quality hotel, as good quality hotels go. Its location is at about 10-15 minutes walk from Venice beach with its surfers and birds. Rooms are tidy, beds comfortable, the desk staff helpful though as is practically inevitable, impersonal in a friendly manner. The nicest were the men in front of the hotel, quickly helping me with my luggage and quickly getting me a cab. I stayed here three days for a small (about 200 persons) conference. Conference facilities were adequate and I can recommend it for such purposes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike M, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for recommending our conference facilities, and thank you for the great review! We're glad that you had a pleasant stay with us, and we'll pass your compliments on to our staff. We hope to see you again for a Marina del Rey vacation next time!
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I have a nice stay at this hotel, unfortunately too short, while on a business trip. The front desk staff checked me in and got me to my room very quickly. The room was nice, comfortable and clean. I did not see the outside lobby bar until the next morning, but it looked pretty cool.

I had dinner at the lobby bar while watching a game, and the steak tacos were very good. They were almost as good as the ones I had in Cabo. They have a nice selection of wines by the glass.

All in all a too short stay, but I want to come back soon.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dean B
Mike M, Manager at Marina del Rey Marriott, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Love hearing that our Steak Tacos contend with the ones you had in Cabo! Thank you for the wonderful review. We hope you can come back soon to hang out at our outdoor Glow Lounge and explore the beautiful surroundings in Marina del Rey and Venice!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina del Rey
The Kinney
The Kinney
#4 of 11 in Marina del Rey
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,316 reviews

Been to Marina del Rey Marriott? Share your experiences!