Jolly Roger Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Great price for a hotel in the area. 15-20 minute walk to Venice beach. There are bus stops near by that can take you to Santa Monica Pier or anywhere else. The hotel has a jacuzzi and pool. I didn't go to the pool when I went because it was being cleaned. Free breakfast in the morning and free WiFi. I would definitely go there again next time I come to visit!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosa N

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The Hotels in LA and Marina del Rey are usually really expensive, Jolly Roger is a great choice for quality/price. It's located close to the awesome Venice beach (you can go walking) and in a quiet area with a lot of good restaurants!
Breakfast is ok and we really liked the possibility to park our car in the covered parking for free. I recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matthew_G66
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Well I got a room on a low rate and they put me on the road side upstairs, had booked 2 nights and the traffic was noisy. I asked if they could give me another room cause I had difficulties sleeping. They said no and I was suprised cause the hotel was most definetely not full.
Poor, just poor.
The room is ok though I guess, but I don't like bad service.
And I definetely won't stay there again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sjustistu
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Motels/ hotels in Marina Del Rey are spendy, so if you are looking for budget motel that is convenient, quiet (despite being on a busy street), clean, with friendly staff, Jolly Roger is a good choice. The rooms are basic with older decor, but it is clean and quiet. It's a good budget choice and is walking distance to Venice Beach (although it's on a super busy street).

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We rocked up enjoying the fact we were staying in the Jolly Roger hotel and kind of expected some wacky pirate themed place. Our disappointment at not being greeted by a man with a wooden peg leg and shown to a 'cabin' was replaced with a feeling that our expectations had been seriously exceeded! The reception staff were absolutely brilliant, very friendly, very funny and very helpful. The room was fantastic, very spacious, very clean, and very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was ridiculously good - surprisingly so. The location of the hotel was ok, but the 30 minute stroll to Venice Beach was perfectly fine with us.

There is not much more to say really. Would stay there again in a heartbeat, and wished we had stayed for longer. Recommended!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed 4 night, the hotel is good and comfortable, Ok if you can use car or bike. Donna is very helpfull and nice with the guest. The price is ok comparing the hotel in the area. The breakfast could be better.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just an all-around great place to stay. Comfortable, friendly, well located. They also offer a lot of things for free that more expensive hotels charge for. Parking, in-room wi-fi, and breakfast are all included in the price of the room! The breakfast is simple but adequate with a few different options, parking is always available, the rooms are very spacious. If we go back to L.A., I can't think of any reason we wouldn't stay there again, a real pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Just try to get something not on the street side, they're probably a little noisy, although we d...